Aussiemodeller

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Aussiemodeller

Postby Bell209 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:22 am

Back to the topic...

Dave reckons it will be back online soon but he's still very keen to offload it. I mentioned a number of people here were interested in helping out with that, for which he's grateful.
Rob
Bell209

Postby tor lives » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:01 am

Bell209 wrote:Back to the topic...

Dave reckons it will be back online soon but he's still very keen to offload it. I mentioned a number of people here were interested in helping out with that, for which he's grateful.

I hope AMI does come back.....so much modelling history there.
Not sure what else I can do to help Dave though.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:10 pm

tor lives wrote:
Bell209 wrote:Back to the topic...

I hope AMI does come back.....so much modelling history there.
Not sure what else I can do to help Dave though.
TOR

Adam the Akrodude

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:27 am

Any latest news on this?

It’s pretty sad for this to drag on so long.
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:05 am

Ansett A330 wrote:Any latest news on this?

Well, working with the A/CAM site hosts, we had a plan that would have seen AMI in its entirety, transfer seamlessly and smoothly to this platform. AMI would have continued to function as its own separate entity and brand, as it always had.... with AMI members and sponsors noticing no difference at all. The only change would have been that, behind the scenes, AMI would have become a wholly-owned subsidiary of A/CAM, and I would be paying the bills.
Alas.....I did not even get the courtesy of a return email when I put this proposal forward.
There is nothing else that I can do to attempt to save AMI if AMI does not want my help.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:31 pm

tor lives wrote:
Ansett A330 wrote:Any latest news on this?

Well, working with the A/CAM site hosts, we had a plan that would have seen AMI in its entirety, transfer seamlessly and smoothly to this platform. AMI would have continued to function as its own separate entity and brand, as it always had.... with AMI members and sponsors noticing no difference at all. The only change would have been that, behind the scenes, AMI would have become a wholly-owned subsidiary of A/CAM, and I would be paying the bills.
Alas.....I did not even get the courtesy of a return email when I put this proposal forward.
There is nothing else that I can do to attempt to save AMI if AMI does not want my help.
TOR

Wants to offload it but only to the right person it would seem :roll: :roll: :roll: Not surprising really but as you said Ray, you've done as much as you can but if old mate doesn't want you help then there's not much you can do. It will be a pity if AMI goes down the tubes which I hope it doesn't but it is what it is :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Bell209 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:28 pm

I certainly appreciate your offer, TOR and I'm well aware of the reasons you set up this website in the first place. Hopefully, Dave can put that aside for the benefit of those who frequented the site. There's been a lot of good info uploaded there over the years.

Of course, we can always continue to post here (and thanks for that, too, TOR)!
Rob
Bell209

Postby tor lives » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:12 pm

Bell209 wrote:I certainly appreciate your offer, TOR and I'm well aware of the reasons you set up this website in the first place. Hopefully, Dave can put that aside for the benefit of those who frequented the site. There's been a lot of good info uploaded there over the years.

Of course, we can always continue to post here (and thanks for that, too, TOR)!

Thank you for your kind words mate.
Obviously Dave is not interested in helping me help AMI, which is indeed a shame, but is his purgative as AMI owner.
I have the "it's water under the bridge....let bygones be bygones" mind-set. I was sort of hoping we could put the history behind us and work together to save AMI. Clearly though, it's not meant to be :( .
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ansett A330 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:44 pm

Apparently there is a Post on Facebook by I assume David saying the Website *may* be up again later in the year.
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:02 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:Apparently there is a Post on Facebook by I assume David saying the Website *may* be up again later in the year.

I'll believe it when I see it.
TOR
tor lives

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge