My first formal post as A/CAM site owner

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

My first formal post as A/CAM site owner

Postby tor lives » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:16 pm

It is indeed a very proud day for me :D .
What you all see before you here is the physical manifestation and end result of a dream that I have harboured for a long time...that is to have my own web site dedicated and devoted to the wonderful hobby of Airliner/Civil Aircraft Modelling (ACAM :D ).

I owe many people and organisations a significant debt of gratitude in realizing the A/CAM "dream":
Firstly....my best mate Davey Knott and his beautiful wife Justine, and the "little man" Jack.....who have stood rigidly by my side with constant support and encouragement through many ups and downs in recent times. Thanks Knottys....I am indeed fortunate to have such fantastic people and great friends such as you in my life.

To the amazing group of rock-solid supporters of both myself and this concept, including (in no particular order) Knotty, Adam, Paul H , Damo, Capt Salty, Ed, Rene, Stu Ryan, Paul S, Andrew D, "Ace" Brad, Night Raptor, (God, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone....and let me know if I have :D ). Without putting to fine a point on things or opening old "wounds", you blokes stood by me in my "time of need", particularly when I couldn't publicly defend myself. You defended my name and my character and for that gents, I will always be grateful!!!. I built this site as a tribute to you guys and your strength of character....thanks very much for looking after me lads....I will NOT forget that amazing gesture of combined support from all of you.

I would like to also draw particular attention to the fantastic group of A/CAM sponsors. What can you say about a group of organisations that are prepared to take a gamble and place their well-respected, highly valuable, and widely-recognised brands in the hands of a relative "unknown quantity" like me, with, what was initially, just an idea. I want to personally and humbly thank each and every A/CAM sponsor for their faith, trust, and commitment in me and this site. To the greater A/CAM membership and general public observer....I implore you to support and patronize all A/CAM sponsors, (they are all great companies with outstanding reputations for product and customer service). Remember folks, without our sponsors A/CAM would simply not exist.

OK....so a couple of 'house keeping" issue:

Firstly, I wish to introduce to you all, the nominated A/CAM Site Officers...Mr Andrew Doppel and Mr Stu Ryan.
Many of you will be familiar with both these Gents from other model sites.
Andrew comes to A/CAM with an extensive background and proven track record of effective Model site moderation. Andrew is currently a "shared resource" between A/CAM and that other well-known Australian Model Site... Aussie Modeller International (AMI). I would like to publicly thank both Andrew for jumping on-board with A/CAM, and Mr David Harvey, the owner of AMI, for sharing Andrew's moderator skills and expertise with us here at A/CAM.
Stu Ryan brings to A/CAM an amazing commercial aviation background. He is currently an extensively-experienced and highly-respected Boeing 737 NG Captain for a major Australian operator, and in the course of these duties, he works closely with all Australian Civil Aviation agencies. Stu is a wealth of aviation technical knowledge and experience, (as well as a very keen modeller), and will be a fantastic resource for A/CAM. At the outset I wish to thank both Andrew and Stu for their commitment to the A/CAM concept, and their willingness and enthusiasm in wanting to assist me in the management of this site.

Finally folks, I would just say this.... A/CAM is all about the coming together of like-minded modellers who love their aeroplanes. It is not about bagging, criticising, or condemning other model sites, organisations, or individuals. I want A/CAM to be a very liberal and contemporary style of relaxed model site that everyone can enjoy....in short, I want A/CAM to develop a good reputation amongst the modelling community as a whole. Could I ask that you all read the A/CAM "Code of Conduct" so that everyone is on the same page from the beginning....thanks.

WELCOME TO A/CAM everyone!!! and lets all have a good time and enjoy it.
Regards
Ray
tor lives

Re: My first formal post as A/CAM site owner

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Congrat's Ray on building this "Field of Dreams" for us!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Well said old boy :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:51 pm

BTW mate I just posted a link to A/CAM on Modelart's Facebook page :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Crew Lounge