For Adam and other Ford lovers!!!

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: For Adam and other Ford lovers!!!

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Can't say I've ever really looked at cars the same way some of you blokes do.
For the most part, I've owned Fords, with a couple of minor exceptions.
Current ride is a BF MkII Futura wagon, which is great for getting the rugrats around in, and served me well in my muso days.
Prior to that was a bog standard EL wagon.
My favourite was my ZD Fairlane, closely followed by my 1962 Compact Fairlane, and my ol' rustbucket XY wagon.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Can't say I've ever really looked at cars the same way some of you blokes do.
For the most part, I've owned Fords, with a couple of minor exceptions.
Current ride is a BF MkII Futura wagon, which is great for getting the rugrats around in, and served me well in my muso days.
Prior to that was a bog standard EL wagon.
My favourite was my ZD Fairlane, closely followed by my 1962 Compact Fairlane, and my ol' rustbucket XY wagon.

Love those ol' Aussie Fairlanes. A mate of mine has a US 2-door pillarless Fairlaine, might be a '67. It's ultra cool!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby davecana » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Well, it looks as if this topic has morphed into cars we own, so here's some pics of the same cars that currently grace my shed. Although none of the pics are actually of my cars.

1988 BMW 750iL. V12, and speed limited to 255 km/h. The speed limiter does work too.

1971 VH Charger XL. Mines modified with a 451 ci BB, 727, mini tubs, roll cage, R & P steering etc

1929 Ford model A tudor, 1 restored and 1 under restoration. Plus a Model A ute, special coupe and business coupe

1929 Desoto phaeton.

1929 Durant D60 sedan.
davecana

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Can't say I've ever really looked at cars the same way some of you blokes do.

I don't actually understand this whole car thing either, but people seem to go crazy over them including dad who wants a british racing green hard top e type jaguar. They're just tools to me.
_BlackHawk_

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:16 pm

_BlackHawk_ wrote:

I don't actually understand this whole car thing either, but people seem to go crazy over them including dad who wants a british racing green hard top e type jaguar. They're just tools to me.

It's like anything....you either have a passion for something or you don't.
I don't get off on ships, trains, or armoured vehicles, (as far as I am concerned a tank is just something that an A-10 fires Maverick missiles and 30mm cannons at :D ), but I can certainly relate to what drives those who do. Horses for courses.
Ray
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:36 pm

tor lives wrote:
_BlackHawk_ wrote:

It's like anything....you either have a passion for something or you don't.
I don't get off on ships, trains, or armoured vehicles, (as far as I am concerned a tank is just something that an A-10 fires Maverick missiles and 30mm cannons at :D ), but I can certainly relate to what drives those who do. Horses for courses.
Ray

very true ray and whilst i lust over a stunning black r32 skyline gtr ...... these are what i've owned and want back....
1983 holden gemini zz/z.....one only 1000 built less than 50 left and to this day one of the best in the country(and it's new owner has made it even better) it had a pretty wild 2 litre engine making about 120 rwhp...twin 45mm side draught weber cars.
and my most missed baby a 1971 alfa 1750 gtv....a worked 2 litre engine around 170 hp(good for around 130mph),one of the best drive's ive ever owned or driven(my dad thought it was better than his 100/4 austin healy :o )...loved her but then i got married and the least practical car had to go :cry:
and then there is this
i still own her......but it used to look like this....
taken at bathurst in 1981......if my plans go right it will look like this next year
oz rb fan

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge