No Getting this one by the Missus!

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

No Getting this one by the Missus!

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:13 pm

While here in the UK Jadlam models had a sale...the 1/72 Revell A400M at half price..27 pounds post free, and I cant resist a bargain, two days later this box arrived..
no hiding what's in it let alone hiding the fact I had gone and bought another kit!, The box is big enough to fit 3 of these kits!
I love the box I want to keep that as well, though I will have to cut it down to bring the kit back home with me
VH-WAL

Re: No Getting this one by the Missus!

Postby Ansett A330 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Yes I saw that too Wally after getting their email. (Their Revell Shackletons were cheap again too!)

Was contemplating it and even checked the shipping cost on their ebay listing but then when I checked the next day while talking to Graeme in Melbourne on the phone it was listed as sold out. Obviously a lot of Poms bought it! Pretty obvious I suppose as after all the RAF operates it and it was ridiculously cheap (even if you have to build a House extension to house it!).

Enjoy getting it home and eventually building it!

(That box by the way reminds me of when the Airfix TSR2 was announced and I pre ordered four as I also ordered the two whatif decal sheets and the kits eventually came in a cut down box that originally held six so I probably should have made it easier for them and ordered six!)
Ansett A330

Re: No Getting this one by the Missus!

Postby Ansett A330 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Actually to counter your heading you could lie (that is if your nose doesn't grow) and tell the Missus you are bringing it back for someone on ACAM ...
Ansett A330

Return to Crew Lounge