Medical records opt out link

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Medical records opt out link

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:39 pm

For all us Aussie folk..
From today, you have 3 months to opt out of having your medical records available to any medical practitioner. I've opted out because I don't want those fine folk at CASA knowing everything about me, or more importantly, cancelling my medical certificate for no good reason, as happened to about 200 Qantas pilots not that long ago, I believe..
Anyhow, the link is here if you chose to do it:
https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-y ... lth-record
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Re: Medical records opt out link

Postby BradG » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks. Opting out too, because you know, screw authority.
BradG

Postby tor lives » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:38 pm

WTF :shock:
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ansett A330 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:01 pm

A "Shirly" Question : Surely that is any Medical Practitioner that you give AUTHORITY to?
Ansett A330

Postby BradG » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:A "Shirly" Question : Surely that is any Medical Practitioner that you give AUTHORITY to?

No that's the point, it can be shared without your authority, unless you opt out.
BradG

Postby Ansett A330 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Well if that is the case it will fundamentally (adversely) affect IR and WC/RTW systems for a start ...
Ansett A330

Postby BradG » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:54 am

Similar thing is happening with that Ancestry company where you send off a genetic sample and they come back and tell you where you come from. Police are now requesting DNA samples from this company without people's consent. Never send into these places. God knows who else will be let into your medical records.
BradG

Postby DesTROYer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:20 pm

From the website

Control access to my record
Start of content
You control who accesses the information in your My Health Record.

All documents in My Health Record are set to general access for healthcare providers by default. This means any providers who are involved in your care can see this information. You can change your access controls at any time.

Privacy and security controls
You have the option to control who can or can’t see your health information. The changes to privacy and security you can make are:

setting a record access code to give access to selected healthcare organisations
controlling access to specific documents to limit who can view them
giving access to a nominated representative such as a family member, close friend or carer.
Children’s records are managed by an authorised representative, usually a parent or legal guardian.

Monitoring access
The Australian Digital Health Agency, as the System Operator of My Health Record, reviews all access to My Health Record. You may wish to regularly check who has accessed your My Health Record.

You can set up automatic notifications to receive an email or text any time a new healthcare provider accesses your My Health Record, including in an emergency.

Emergency access
In a medical emergency, healthcare providers connected to the My Health Record system can see your health information such as allergies, medicines and immunisations. This helps them to provide you with the best possible treatment and care.

If you have set an access code for your My Health Record and there is a serious threat to your life, health or safety, emergency access to your record may be provided.

Emergency access lasts for a maximum of five days and will show in your record access history. If you have set up automatic notifications you will be notified of this access.

Secure access
Your My Health Record is linked to your myGov account, which provides you with secure access to a range of Australian Government services, including Medicare, Centrelink and the Australian Taxation Office. myGov is a secure Australian Government service that can only be accessed using a password and the answer to a secret question or an access code.

All security and privacy settings in your My Health Record apply to information accessed via your desktop computer, mobile, or app.

I don't have any major problems with it, so I won't opt out for now, but I will be settings some restrictions on who can access it.

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/howtos/control-access-my-record
DesTROYer

Postby erussell » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:48 pm

It's all fine at the moment - no reported breaches. That's mainly because there has been no publicity about it. It's a very nice cache of centralised data they are planning to build and it will be very useful for research, planning and health cost control. The number of people "allowed" to access your record is comparatively small at the moment - I have seen estimates of 100,000 to 140,000 people. As the data base becomes bigger and richer in data this number will certainly increase. If you stay in it you are putting your trust in the government and the public and private institutions who have, or will have, access to 1.keep the data safe, and 2. not to misuse it. On previous form, it's a big ask.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Return to Crew Lounge