First Man movie

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: First Man movie

Postby Tony P » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
Tony P wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:
Totally disagree with them missing the plot. Neil's sons were advisors as was Al Worden and Joe Engle. Got the thumbs up from people who were there.

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-070918a-first-man-armstrong-sons-accuracy.html

His Sons were paid.

Still crap!
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby Tony P » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:Sounds like it's only a matter of time before the inevitable Hitler Meme (or whatever the Kids these days call it) of him ranting how bad the Movie was appears on YouTube.

Probably someone with waaaayy too much time on their hands has already done it. (And I'm not wasting my time checking by the way!)

He would've been smart enough not to go and watch it!
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby Ansett A330 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Tony P wrote:He would've been smart enough not to go and watch it!

He had a better excuse - he's dead.
Ansett A330

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:12 pm

http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-070918a-first-man-armstrong-sons-accuracy.html[/quote][/quote][/quote]

His Sons were paid.

Still crap![/quote]

OK, you hate the movie - fine. You can't possibly be seriously suggesting that Armstrong's sons would sell out on the memory of their father to make a quick quid?
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Tony P » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
OK, you hate the movie - fine. You can't possibly be seriously suggesting that Armstrong's sons would sell out on the memory of their father to make a quick quid?

Are you suggesting they'd do it for free? Get real man! It's a fact they got paid.

And why are they selling his stuff at Auction next month? Only a few items offered to Charities...
Last edited by Tony P on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony P

Postby Tony P » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:
Tony P wrote:He would've been smart enough not to go and watch it!

He had a better excuse - he's dead.

I felt like it sitting there watching it!
Tony P

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Tony P wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:

Are you suggesting they'd do it for free? Get real man! It's a fact they got paid.

And why are they selling his stuff at Auction next month? Only a few items offered to Charities...

I wasn't suggesting they wern't paid - of course they were. Does this fact then mean they would not do their best to see that the movie was kept as real to the truth as possible in honour of the memory of their father? So what that they sell off some trinkets - museums can bid on these items if deemed of historical importance. Don't you think Neil gave enough to his country during his life? Neil also made good use of the fact he was an astronaut as did all the others - and rightfully so. They risked their lives many times in this pursuit to the Moon. I believe Yeager did pretty well out of his book and all the things he had to say about a few other test pilots in it - many of whom soared higher and faster than he ever did.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Tony P » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Oh Adam, still pushing the Yeager agenda. *yawn*.

2000 items is a few trinkets? So what? Well they must be desperate for a buck or two.

Anyway, did I mention this film was boring? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Tony P

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Tony P wrote:Oh Adam, still pushing the Yeager agenda. *yawn*.

2000 items is a few trinkets? So what? Well they must be desperate for a buck or two.

Anyway, did I mention this film was boring? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Yeah, you did mention YOU found the movie boring - I didn't. So if this topic bores you, why did you go? Did you read Armstrong's biography? You didn't answer why being paid must automatically mean that his sons sold out on the memory of their father. One can be paid and still do a honourable job in relating historical fact. So, by this suggestion, did Al Worden and Joe Engle also sell out? Would the movie have been better if the sons and others were not involved or not paid - is this what you are suggesting?
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Tony P » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Why did I go? As I was looking forward to see it. Thinking it would be awesome but sadly it was rubbish. Not sure what your point about reading Neil's bio is. I've got a feeling you think I don't like him either? Well, of course I've read it and most things on the moon landings. Today I was reading an interesting article about Apollo 7.
Your point about their sons selling out and their Father's legacy is mute. Interesting they waited for him to pass.

Anyhow, you're going around in circles, so in the words of the great man:

Tony P

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge