First Man movie

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: First Man movie

Postby tor lives » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Don't you two make me come back there :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Where's the popcorn emoji Ray? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Tony P » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:27 am

hrtpaul wrote:Where's the popcorn emoji Ray? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL. Save your money on popcorn too and don't go and see it! This has been a public service announcement.
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Tony P wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Where's the popcorn emoji Ray? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL. Save your money on popcorn too and don't go and see it! This has been a public service announcement.

1. My post so I won't "Zip it". You're of course entitled to your opinion, but I recommend making "public service announcements" on your own posts - just sayin'.

2. Why did I ask you whether you'd read the book First Man - well I would have thought that pretty obvious as the screenplay was based on it - hence my question.

3. Maybe you could advise what else could have been added to the film to excite you? It covered Armstrong's X-15, Gemini and Apollo experience, plus the crash of the LLRV and the Apollo 1 fire and mention is made of some other events like that T-38 crash with See and Bassett killed plus plenty on his family life. If there was anything major left out, what was it?

4. IMHO, your critique of the movie entirely lacks any kind of intellectual depth. Comparing it to a Star Wars movie - ORLY! Was this movie lacking a intergalactic battle or two in your opinion? A few more "PEW PEWs" perhaps? :D

5. Pretty low call implying that Armstrong's kids are cashing in on his life. It's more than common siblings having to deal and split up and sell the estate of a deceased parent - been there, done that, shed the tears and got the tee-shirt for having done this twice. From personal experience, it's the worst job I've ever had to do, so I reckon Armstrong's boys probably didn't take too much delight in that task. Honestly I think it's crass that you suggested that they were desperate for a buck or two. It would be pretty rare indeed that siblings keep the belongings of a parent in their entirety.

6. Whilst absolutely entitled to your opinion, in my opinion your review of the movie sucks ass and I suggest we let the punters pay their money and take their chances if they intend seeing the movie. I would have included a bit more detail and done a few things differently, but I was not the director. The director pushed the artistic licence to the max, but luckily not remotely as far as that utter P.O.S fantasy based on some fact movie The Right Stuff that elevated Yeager to near mythical proportions. This move could not have been made whilst Armstrong was alive as any focus on him was intolerable to him. He liked to think he just did what he was trained to do along with the other 400,000+ others working on Apollo did.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Tony P » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:40 pm

You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby Ansett A330 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Tony P wrote:Image

"This site can’t provide a secure connection"
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:18 pm

So you two done now, or what??
TOR
tor lives

Postby Tony P » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 pm

tor lives wrote:So you two done now, or what??
TOR

Yeah on page 2. :lol:
Tony P

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:16 am

tor lives wrote:So you two done now, or what??
TOR

Not remotely.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am

Tony P wrote:Image

As you can't answer the questions......

ImageZip this by Adam Dormer, on Flickr
Adam the Akrodude

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge