When it's time to fear for something you bought ...

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

When it's time to fear for something you bought ...

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:15 pm

and it's delivery is overdue!

I was expecting a couple of Books from the UK and a bunch of Kits from "down south" so I'm guessing they've gone up in smoke!

This one wasn't due for delivery for another month but it arrived the other day :

so at least I can enjoy reading it until I confirm the demise of the other items!
Ansett A330

Re: When it's time to fear for something you bought ...

Postby BradG » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:34 pm

Oh no...
BradG

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:42 am

Sorry for your loss. I've been through this once from a "senders" perspective - a combined shipment of goods to a client in WA was lost when the truck's brakes caught fire somewhere out in the Nullarbor. Entire truck was lost - a real pain in the arse paperwork exercise too afterwards - insurance claims, proof of delivery, etc.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:55 pm

Thanks guys and some valuable lessons learnt from this one.

As an update :

One Book from the UK had Tracking but ebay could not associate the Tracking Number with anyone so refunded the Paypal Transaction. Winner! (Well Loser because can't find the Book anywhere near as cheap anywhere else!)

The second Book from the UK did not have tracking but was refunded anyway. Whoo Hoo! (But Loser again as again can't find the Book anywhere near as cheap anywhere else!)

The Kits - Arrggghhhhh! No Tracking. Australia Post say stiff Doggy Do Do can't prove anything so $150 worth of Kits gone. Thanks Australia Post. Lesson learned.

So overall well down on where I could have been but then again at least there wasn't something like an Otaki Tristar in with the Kits.
Ansett A330

Return to Crew Lounge