Badgery's Creek gets the nod

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Badgery's Creek gets the nod

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Finally, it appears that Badgery's Creek has been given the nod. With all the recent doom & gloom of manufacturing plant closures, it's refreshing to get news like this. Sydney will finally have a 24/7 airport - at some point in the future (2020's).
Melbourne I think desperately needs a rail link to the airport and I believe this is also finally being seriously discussed. Time to get serious and start pouring some concrete for aviation infrastructure!

Good future news for all of you involved in the RPT and freight aviation industry.
Adam the Akrodude

Re: Badgery's Creek gets the nod

Postby Capt NG » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi Adam,

It's going to be built near where I live, and I see it being a real economic stimuli for the area. It's well over due.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby Nillus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 pm

About time.
It will be interesting to see what transport infrastructure is put in place to get pax to/from this important link to the outside world.
Nillus

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Salty wrote:About time.
It will be interesting to see what transport infrastructure is put in place to get pax to/from this important link to the outside world.

It's going to need a decent freeway and direct rail link. Abbott said the infrastructure will come first - airport second. The economy needs projects like this right now. Something needs to be done to kick start the economy from it's doldrums.
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Crew Lounge