Annoyed by some people behaviour on Ebay

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Annoyed by some people behaviour on Ebay

Postby Michel » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Quiet a bit annoyed by some people behavior on Ebay.
I had a model for sale, $25 and got an offer for $20, which I accepted. Then no news, no payment...and got a negative feedback from the supposed buyer " Not good".
My first negative feedback.
I got in contact with the person, who told me he wasn't going to pay $28...in fact, he gave me the offer of $20, but for him, postage included ! I didn't know about it and to my knowledge, the offers are only on the product, not the postage, and it wouldn't have cost much to tell me that was his view, $20 included the postage.
Thanks Jeffrey.

I can send his Ebay ID by MP in case you don't really want to deal with this kind of behavior.

Michel
Michel

Re: Annoyed by some people behaviour on Ebay

Postby BradG » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 pm

I've been selling the odd thing on Gumtree as we've been having a bit of a house clean out. It works decently for a free platform and if someone starts yanking you around you can tell them to get stuffed with none of this negative feedback crap. Otherwise the facebook forums for selling kits have proved pretty good.
BradG

Postby Ansett A330 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Michel wrote:...in fact, he gave me the offer of $20, but for him, postage included ! I didn't know about it and to my knowledge, the offers are only on the product, not the postage,

Correct - Offers are clearly only on the Product.

On that basis alone ebay should eliminate the Negative however they have made getting in contact with them is almost impossible and even when they find in your favour they do not always follow up on eliminating the Negative Feedback.
Ansett A330

Postby F-27pax » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:11 pm

This is one of the reasons for taking a table at the Expo swap and sell. A lot more sociable too!
F-27pax

Postby Michel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:55 pm

F-27pax wrote:This is one of the reasons for taking a table at the Expo swap and sell. A lot more sociable too!

Very true ! and the table is booked !

My problem has been solved, Ebay cancelled the feedback, they were fast to see what was the problem!
Michel

Postby BradG » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:50 pm

What about the odour though?
BradG

Postby F-27pax » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:56 pm

That's not so bad if you're on the sellers side of the table.
F-27pax

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Michel wrote:My problem has been solved, Ebay cancelled the feedback, they were fast to see what was the problem!

Are you sure? They might have cancelled the Feedback but usually they don't correct the effect of the Negative on your Percentage so unless your Percentage has been restored to 100% they haven't really fixed it! And if people just look at the Percentage they'll still think there were issues.

ebay is stupidly weird some times just like how difficult they have made it to contact them. It's like the Ultimate Circular Argument and in the end you get nowhere other than waste valuable time of your Life that could use doing something else.
Ansett A330

Return to Crew Lounge