Well, the past week sure did suck....

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Well, the past week sure did suck....

Postby BradG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:20 am

Last Saturday morning I came down with severe pain in my stomach and right side, had to get taken to emergency and found out that I had an infected gallbladder and gallstones...the solution; remove gallbladder and get unclogged. I just got home today from surgery on Wednesday morning. I ended up with 3 or 4 holes punched in me, no gallbladder and 8 less stones. I feel much better and I am no longer Homer Simpson yellow, but still have some post op pain at the site.

Oh man, hopefully I don't have to repeat that week ever again!!
BradG

Re: Well, the past week sure did suck....

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:06 am

Glad it all came good at the end cheers wal
VH-WAL

Postby F-27pax » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 am

Good grief Brad! Are there any long term effects from your latest excitement?
F-27pax

Postby BradG » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Yeh I tell ya there were some new experiences in hospital that for the sake of the forum, I shall not mention lol. Apparently my case was interesting and I was asked if it was ok that medical students sit in on my case, which I said yes to as if it helps someone else a little embarrassment I can live with, but I have to say that you lose any and all inhibitions quite quickly when you are in pain and need help!!!

I do have some short term side effects. I have to be careful around certain foods; spicy, dairy and high fat food for at least 3 months. I did have some milk yesterday and that caused some issues and pain, so I might have to stick to black coffee and no Indian food so that kinda sucks, but I don't eat very much in the way of take away food, so no problems there. Eventually my liver will compensate for the loss of gallbladder.
BradG

Postby Wedgetail » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Brad. The pain from an infected gall bladder is so damn intense.
My partner came down with a gangrenous gall bladder which couldn't be taken out for over a week as they had to get the gangrene under control first, touch and go for awhile.
Even her eyes went yellow as well as her skin. She cleared the theatre of most of the staff when they finally got it out.

So you have my sympathy mate, you might find quite a few foods that could upset your system for awhile.
Hang in there. Tell your folks you need a personal nurse. ;)

Wayne.
Wedgetail

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Bloody hell Brad.....that's one hell of a week :shock: .
Modelling....some modelling should fix what ills ya !!
Glad ya back on deck.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi Brad

Just caught this news - sorry to hear ol' boy. I hope you're well on the mend now. Sometimes we're lucky enough to get a little warning that we're not immortal. A guy at my tennis went in two weeks ago for a heart stent - usually pretty routine stuff and he died a week later. This guy was late 40's and pretty fit - didn't smoke, didn't drink much, tennis, golf and into kick boxing as well. So heal well, live healthy, long and prosper (well as much as realistically possible!), don't stress and build more great models as you do!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Crew Lounge