Pre flight time

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Pre flight time

Postby hrtpaul » Thu May 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Ok all you pilot types. With a quick pre flight insp spot the defect :twisted:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Belavia/ ... 40efee6d21
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: Pre flight time

Postby Capt NG » Thu May 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Middle tyre on main gear bogie mate... Oh and the other defect is that it's Russian built.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Thu May 22, 2014 1:15 pm

By Belarusian standards, she's fine.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu May 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Tyre may have looked OK on the ground - you can't check out a tyre 100% when you can't see the whole tyre anyway? Could have been a FOD issue - like Air France Concorde? That is my statement comrade and I'm sticking with it! It is company policy to run the tyres until we see fabric anyway no?

One of my old bosses told me about a RAAF incident on P3's. P3's require the entire wheel be caged when filling with nitrogen, such is the high pressure. The cage is supposed to be bolted to the floor. Well, on one occasion, the cage was not bolted to the floor and one guy was sitting on top of the cage. The tyre blew sending the cage into the underside of the wing killing instantly the poor guy sitting happily (until just a split second before) on top of the cage.

When working with high pressure gear, one needs to have a very healthy respect for the potential energy involved!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Thu May 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Just checked the TU-154 MEL.......she is good to go, no problem !!! :D
Ray
tor lives

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Thu May 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:When working with high pressure gear, one needs to have a very healthy respect for the potential energy involved!

That's what she said.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Thu May 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Capt NG wrote:Middle tyre on main gear bogie mate... Oh and the other defect is that it's Russian built.

We have a winner DING DING DING I once had a look at a Tu-154 that stopped in Darwin. Every, and I mean every tyre had at least 3 layers of canvas showing. Some had more. You will NEVER, I repeat NEVER get on anything Russian built or maintained in any of those dodgy countries. Oh did I mention NEVER?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu May 22, 2014 4:23 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
Capt NG wrote:Middle tyre on main gear bogie mate... Oh and the other defect is that it's Russian built.

We have a winner DING DING DING I once had a look at a Tu-154 that stopped in Darwin. Every, and I mean every tyre had at least 3 layers of canvas showing. Some had more. You will NEVER, I repeat NEVER get on anything Russian built or maintained in any of those dodgy countries. Oh did I mention NEVER?

Oh c'mon Paul - how about getting lashed down in the back end for some An-124 "semi-aerobatics"!

Adam the Akrodude

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Thu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

hrtpaul wrote:

List of aviation crashes by country;

http://www.airfleets.net/crash/stat_country.htm

Looks like flying in America is what's seriously dangerous.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Capt NG » Thu May 22, 2014 5:07 pm

How many movements are there per day in the USA Brad?...rate of accidents as a ratio of movements would be what I would look at...apply that to a lean Sigma to see where the trends lie?

And is that comparison airline/RPT aircraft crashes or total aviation crashes involving airline, general aviation, fixed wing, rotary wing etc etc?
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Next

Return to Crew Lounge