What Happened to the site ?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

What Happened to the site ?

Postby Wedgetail » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:22 am

Does anyone know what has been the cause of the site being down for over a week ?
According to the Down for Everyone site it was down for everyone when I checked. One of the other members couldn't get it either.

My old book mark still can't receive it but I can get it by typing in the whole web address.
What is strange that there doesn't appear to be any other member mentioning it and some of the entries are over a week old.

Wayne
Wedgetail

Re: What Happened to the site ?

Postby BradG » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:09 am

I noticed the main page was down a couple of days ago. Not many people posting much either......
BradG

Postby Wedgetail » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:26 pm

G'day Brad, something weird going on with the web site alright.
Surely there's more members posting comments than what's showing up.

By the way both that Messerschmidt P1099B and the Egyptian Spitfire look great.
I like the camo on the P1099B, very artistic mate.
How's the health side going, settled down at last I hope.

Cheers, Wayne.
Wedgetail

Postby VH-WAL » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:17 pm

I can only get in on my saved "active topics" link. If I go to board index I get nada but if I click on airliner civil modeller I get the index or click on this:

viewforum.php?f=1
VH-WAL

Postby BradG » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:28 am

Wedgetail wrote:G'day Brad, something weird going on with the web site alright.
Surely there's more members posting comments than what's showing up.

By the way both that Messerschmidt P1099B and the Egyptian Spitfire look great.
I like the camo on the P1099B, very artistic mate.
How's the health side going, settled down at last I hope.

Cheers, Wayne.

Thanks mate. Health is going good, still have some issues with milk and eggs, they tend to give me a badly upset stomach. Been feeling much better on the cricket field too.
BradG

Postby tor lives » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:36 am

Hi all,
Sorry for the site issues of the last week.
Apparently the site had been well and truly hacked, and needed a complete "clean" and "re-code".
All should now however be up and running , but there is nothing preventing this sort of Site failure from happening again.
The fact is the site is "old" by design and needs a complete, (and expensive), re-build, (the original design dates back to 2014).
I must admit however....given that the Site is hardly used by anyone anymore, I am not keen to invest more of my own $$$ in to it.
The A/CAM FB page has overtaken the popularity of the Site by a wide margin, with its membership numbers booming.....while the Site usage and membership number has stagnated and is slowly dropping off, (hell....even as I write this, I am the only one on the Site :( ) .
I think we have to accept that it's just a matter of time for the Site now guys :cry: .....the only reason I continue to persevere with it now is because of the few long-term loyal members who continue to use it.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:34 pm

i'm here as well...ironicly it seems to be happening with forums...and paper magazines....many forums are struggling....and 2 of our local aviation magazines are closing.
oz rb fan

Postby Wedgetail » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks Ray for the explanation. it's not your fault mate. If this site closes down then there's two chances of me joining the farce book herd.
It's a go to every day site for me. Would members kicking in like before to help out be another avenue that would be viable?
A forensic analysis of members on each site could be interesting, ages, interests and whatever. Does this page attract predominately older modellers ?
What's the make up of the farce book members, younger or just a steady mix of both ? I've read a few articles that state that people are dropping FB.

Wayne.
Wedgetail

Return to Crew Lounge