Bit quiet, what's everyone up to?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Bit quiet, what's everyone up to?

Postby BradG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Me? Cricket and cleaning out the house, trying to sell some stuff on gumtree, really wish people wouldn't waste my god damn time on that site.
BradG

Re: Bit quiet, what's everyone up to?

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Working and learning how to fly in the real world.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby RayS » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Tripping around the country visiting family and air shows, trying to get the modelling mojo back and finish a few airliners.
Ray

RayS

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:58 am

W--e--llll, I have been doing some modelling... none of it straight forward so I have been dragging the chain. I dragged down my 1/72 DC-6 to DC-7C conversion from shelf of doom and resurrected it using AIM conversion set parts, finally finished the 4 "power egg" assemblies.
The next thing to do is determine the correct fore / aft position of the over wing nacelle / saddle tank pieces on the wing and glue. Then fit and fair the power eggs on to the wings. If and when I achieve that successfully,the next hard bit is to fit the resin centre section, then fit wings at correct dihedral to the centre-section, then build up the gap in the upper wing half, fair and scribe. If I have managed to do that I think I will have slain the beast

The other shelf of doomer is my 1/72 DC-4 to Argonaut conversion again using AIM conversion set. I cant say I am a fan of the Revell DC-4 I found it overly complicated, not particularly well fitting with very confusing and wrongly part numbered instructions. Getting RR Merlin engine pods straight and aligned on the wing was quite hard, I had to pull a few off and redo them (hence the reason why it languished on the shelf for so long) still, this one is now rolling along nicely enough.

One new start is a Revell 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon this is the old tooling and the fit is blah! taken far longer to build than I thought. This build was inspired by many hours of Typhoon operations watching and photographing at RAF Coningsby and Waddington a few months ago. This too is now well on the way, it is going to be mounted clean flying on a stand, I have a second one to build (newer tool) to make a pair in echelon formation)
VH-WAL

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:21 am

working...pulling down a shed and walking our cats....and beaufighter stuff.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:11 pm

These things are keeping me a bit busy of late

but I don't really mind

TOR
tor lives

Postby BradG » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Chasing 150 next week, currently 1/39 off 9. I am 13no overnight.

So is everyone still onboard for the B 737 and HS 125 challenges at expo next year. Only 7 months to go.
BradG

Postby Graeme H » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:35 am

I only just looked at my 737 yesterday after going to ScaleACT, will only be week since I got home tonight, took a couple of days to get over the car lag :D .
I trying to work out which engines I'm going to use, but probably the Braz ones, which I will correct, they at least have the correct pylon fairing.
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby BradG » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:09 pm

I still need to get a HS 125, I'm sure I'll run across one here or there.
BradG

Postby Ansett A330 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Moving House for the last seven weeks then literally straight away driving down to Canberra with Graeme for ScaleACT. Had a great time but was and still am in pain from all the moving effort and destroyed hands etc. then got back only for the Missus to be unwell and so quick trip to Rocky Hospital followed by transfer to Brisbane which is where we are now.

Hopefully when things settle down I’ll post pictures of the ScaleACT “haul”. Down side if the ScaleACT visit was two items I had in the Smell, Slop, and Flies were unaccounted fir at the end meaning they were stolen. Not an enormous monetary loss but still disappointing that some people do this to others. I see that someone mentioned on AMI that it was unfortunately common this year.

Graeme’s just told me e-mails to my e-mail address are bouncing so I’d better get in line with the laptop (this is on the iPhone) at some stage and download them.
Ansett A330

Next

Return to Crew Lounge