COVID-19 - F_ck it! What are we building?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: COVID-19 - F_ck it! What are we building?

Postby Ansett A330 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:36 pm

Sadly there is a fundamental problem with this Thread asking about modelling acknowledging a current situation yet posted under ‘Crew Lounge”.

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Lots of us have major worries with family overseas. I wasn't asking for your political views which quite frankly are better kept to yourself right now. I was asking what if anything people are building. This isn't a political rant page - hopefully though a page to escape from all the shit going around. Hope you feel better venting anyway.

Thank-you Mr Akrodude.

In a time when we should be kind to one another you have chosen to attack me totally misunderstanding what I have written.

Firstly in one sentence by writing “Lots ...” you have disregarded the stress that my family went through dealing with incompetent Government Departments trying to get my Son home without any considerations of the specific difficulties he and we faced. Think about how you would feel if someone said the equivalent about your Wife in the front line.

Secondly I did not give you my “political views”. My critique was on Leadership, Lack of Truthfulness, and sheer bureaucratic incompetence. If your assertions of “political views” are accurate then you should be able to clearly state who I have voted for in the past and who I will vote for in the future.

Thirdly if you are “asking what if anything people are building” by all means ask just that and put it under one of the “Modelling” Threads and not have an Essay like Introduction of the World according to Mr Akrodude and not expect people to reply in context of “The Crew Lounge”.

Again my writing was not a “political rant”. Reread the above and try to comprehend.

Finally my writing was not about me “feeling better venting anyway”. That is so offensive and puerile that it is not worthwhile responding to under the reasoning of “Don’t play Chess with Pigeons”.
Ansett A330

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WE HAD PROGRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Given the fact that I'm easily distracted in my modelling I was stoked with what I got done. I didn't get everything done I wanted in my last post but progress is progress. First of all the shitbox Lambo build. I managed to get the dust sanded out of the paint and final coat of paint on. Note to self. Don't paint another car orange. I used 1 whole bottle of SMS Marigold Orange on this POS :o :o :o I managed to get the interior finished off and glued to the chassis. I also finished painting the brakes. Tomorrow's mission on this will be to paint the wheels, get the exhaust done and sand the paint in preparation for the clear coat.

I also got the first colour on the F-16 finally.

I think the mojo is back cos I'm hangin to get out into the shed tomorrow and get back into this. I might even get some more done on the Spitfire :? :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:24 pm

Thinking about it, I probably shoulda put the F-16 pic in it's own folder DOH!!! Actually a quick question peeps. Where do you guys reckon I should put my car builds (and possible ship builds)? I was thinking just in the crew lounge as they don't fit anywhere else :shock: :shock: :shock:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Wedgetail » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:41 pm

Even if your Lambo gives you the roaring $hits Paul, I think it looks great. Your car kit purchases are an interesting assortment as well.

As to where to put completed car and ship models etc, my suggestion is in the Members Completed Models section. Alright they may not be airliners, but they are still completed models and let's be honest,
modellers everywhere like to have a crack at something different every now and then. I'm sure Ray wont object to a truck load of different models ending up on this site. Airliners and civil aircraft are
predominately featured on this site but something different can always kick start other members into branching out into something different.

I think I plonked my Achzarit APC in the completed models section ages ago and if I wasn't so lazy I'd plonk a few more IDF armour models into this section and my 1/32 and 1/48 military aircraft into the appropriate
section as you are probably going to do with that F-16 of yours. That's looking quite interesting as well, looking forward to seeing it finished. I quite like Steam Punk modelling as well, one great thing about modelling
is you're only limited by ones imagination.

Cheers, Wayne.
Wedgetail

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:Sadly there is a fundamental problem with this Thread asking about modelling acknowledging a current situation yet posted under ‘Crew Lounge”.

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Lots of us have major worries with family overseas. I wasn't asking for your political views which quite frankly are better kept to yourself right now. I was asking what if anything people are building. This isn't a political rant page - hopefully though a page to escape from all the shit going around. Hope you feel better venting anyway.

Thank-you Mr Akrodude.

In a time when we should be kind to one another you have chosen to attack me totally misunderstanding what I have written.

Firstly in one sentence by writing “Lots ...” you have disregarded the stress that my family went through dealing with incompetent Government Departments trying to get my Son home without any considerations of the specific difficulties he and we faced. Think about how you would feel if someone said the equivalent about your Wife in the front line.

Secondly I did not give you my “political views”. My critique was on Leadership, Lack of Truthfulness, and sheer bureaucratic incompetence. If your assertions of “political views” are accurate then you should be able to clearly state who I have voted for in the past and who I will vote for in the future.

Thirdly if you are “asking what if anything people are building” by all means ask just that and put it under one of the “Modelling” Threads and not have an Essay like Introduction of the World according to Mr Akrodude and not expect people to reply in context of “The Crew Lounge”.

Again my writing was not a “political rant”. Reread the above and try to comprehend.

Finally my writing was not about me “feeling better venting anyway”. That is so offensive and puerile that it is not worthwhile responding to under the reasoning of “Don’t play Chess with Pigeons”.

Wow! Talk about taking another large dump on my topic - just like the pigeons you write about! I guess you're one of those people so totally involved with what's going on in your life, you're unable to consider pretty well everyone on this planet has a story of whoa or knows people directly effected at the moment as well - fair comment? Attended a funeral being conducted half a world away via ZOOM yet? Give you a hint - it's a really shitty experience.

You might like to tell me just how me addressing your political rant (which is exactly what it is) is somehow a "attack" - being a bit sensitive aren't you? You seriously must live in Bizzaroworld if you think your rant has no political connotations. Here's an idea, how about come up with your own interesting, thoughtful, constructive topic to create some useful discussion, rather than shit all over others - that would be a nice and welcome change. I will continue to post what I want and where I want as well. At least my post has generated plenty of views and plenty of responses. The whole idea of the post was to get people to discuss what they are building as opposed to how COVID-19 is effecting them, but I guess that went over your head.

Your posts have been a topic of discussion before. I advise stop shitting on peoples posts or such comments will be deleted with a explanation as to why. If you want to start a topic on just how COVID-19 is effecting your life then go for it.
Adam the Akrodude

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge