COVID-19 - F_ck it! What are we building?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

COVID-19 - F_ck it! What are we building?

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:10 pm

I just want to wish all ACAM'ers out there across the globe all the very best during this challenging time. Scale modellers can by nature be isolationists - hey, we love to retreat to our model rooms/caves and tinker away for hours on end, so maybe we're better prep'd than many for the kind of extended isolation required to control COVID-19. Northern Asia seems to have this situation kind of controlled, not so in Europe I fear at the moment and USA is getting worse. Many of us are in our 50's+, so we really need to take more precautions as we're in a higher risk category. My wife works in health care and her hospital is gearing up for the worst as per government guidelines and requirements. They're expecting COVID-19 to kick in seriously here in Melbourne in May. Hopefully some of the social distancing measures will reduce the impact on the health system here.

I'm lucky in that I've been working for myself for the last 22 years and a expert in social distancing and work isolation! It's time to shake off the dreaded modelling apathy I've been suffering (just too much work and family stuff being going on) and get building! Keep calm and get model building sports fans! Who's with me? Can we also start sharing what we're currently working on - get some motivation happening?
Adam the Akrodude

Re: COVID-19 - F_ck it! What are we building?

Postby Ansett A330 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Would love to be building something but too busy trying to get my Son and his Partner Home.

Thanks to the incompetent "Advice" of DFAT and DHAaI over the last two and a half weeks it now looks like they are trapped Overseas for at least the next three months.

Never again will I trust ANYTHING a Government Department "advises" me to do or not to do. They don't have a clue. Honestly they have set the Bar so low for incompetence a hair could not get under.

As for the failed Tourism Spokesman we have for a Prime Minister he's as truthfull as Joseph Goebbels and as fast as doing anything as a dead Rat. I just hope I live long enough to see the Liar turfed out at the next Election (whenever that is!).

And please don't give me the line that this could not have been forseen anyone who has seen this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivors_(1975_TV_series) (NOTE WELL : 45 years ago!) now knows it wasn't a Drama but a predictive Documentary Series!
Ansett A330

Postby RayS » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:14 pm

Well, I am working from home from tomorrow, I had the last fortnight off with a trip to Port Stephens for a week and then last week at home.

So on the bench in the last week or so have been:

AMT /ERTL AC-130H

The QANTAS LB30

Minicraft 777-212(ER) Singapore AIrlines 9V-SQP

Minicraft 777-400(ER) TBA

Revell A330-300 QANTAS

Hoping to clear a few from the stalled build pile
Ray

RayS

Postby BradG » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Working on a PAK 40 vignette.
BradG

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:15 pm

BradG wrote:Working on a PAK 40 vignette.

Noice! Such a cool looking gun. I still have a Tamiya one I built freaking years ago.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:Would love to be building something but too busy trying to get my Son and his Partner Home.

Thanks to the incompetent "Advice" of DFAT and DHAaI over the last two and a half weeks it now looks like they are trapped Overseas for at least the next three months.

Never again will I trust ANYTHING a Government Department "advises" me to do or not to do. They don't have a clue. Honestly they have set the Bar so low for incompetence a hair could not get under.

As for the failed Tourism Spokesman we have for a Prime Minister he's as truthfull as Joseph Goebbels and as fast as doing anything as a dead Rat. I just hope I live long enough to see the Liar turfed out at the next Election (whenever that is!).

And please don't give me the line that this could not have been forseen anyone who has seen this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivors_(1975_TV_series) (NOTE WELL : 45 years ago!) now knows it wasn't a Drama but a predictive Documentary Series!

Lots of us have major worries with family overseas. I wasn't asking for your political views which quite frankly are better kept to yourself right now. I was asking what if anything people are building. This isn't a political rant page - hopefully though a page to escape from all the shit going around. Hope you feel better venting anyway.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:20 pm

RayS wrote:Well, I am working from home from tomorrow, I had the last fortnight off with a trip to Port Stephens for a week and then last week at home.

So on the bench in the last week or so have been:

AMT /ERTL AC-130H

The QANTAS LB30

Minicraft 777-212(ER) Singapore AIrlines 9V-SQP

Minicraft 777-400(ER) TBA

Revell A330-300 QANTAS

Hoping to clear a few from the stalled build pile

Very cool Ray - expert skills in action!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:27 pm

I would love to be working on a kit, but I and my colleagues are quite busy at the moment with additional tasks and duties, as a result of the current circumstances.
I am spending a "bit" of time with this sexy little 1:1....
Stay home and stay safe A/CAMers
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 am

one step forward, two steps back.I got some paint on the A330

and stuffed up the decals on the SIA 777. So I have ordered another set
Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 am

Looking the business Ray.
And the Dornier and PC-12 in the background also look very interesting.
TOR
tor lives

Next

Return to Crew Lounge