Roll Call

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Roll Call

Postby TheChronicOne » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Magnificent.... it warms my heart to see you all! Things are going .....very oddly for me right now but hey, we're all still making a go of it I can see!! I'll be back with a more detailed run down and more proper response soon. I know it's not just me, but.... busier than ever despite lockdown! Strange juxtaposition..... :)
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby tor lives » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:08 pm

I guess its no surprise that I'm still here :D .
TOR
tor lives

Postby Uros » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:03 pm

Here! I have some progress to report, but I need to find a new photo hosting site first. Photobucket doesn't want to cooperate anymore.
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby Wedgetail » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Hi Brad,
I'm still here and still upright. I lurk here every day. Great site and great bunch of guys hang out here.
That Sprues McDuck tag just cracks me up.
cheers. Wayne.
Wedgetail

Postby 72linerlover » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:43 pm

Uros wrote: I need to find a new photo hosting site first. Photobucket doesn't want to cooperate anymore.

Hi, Uros.
I have switched to https://village.photos/.
For a while it was only http, but now is https. It's quite easy to work with and free.
Bye
Euge
72linerlover

Postby Ansett A330 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:, and today had to go and get bloods done to see if I have Ross River Virus. No biggie as I’ve had Barmah Forrest Virus three times since 1994 ...

Bloods are back and no Ross River Virus but make that Barmah Forrest FOUR times since 1994 after Bloods showed both acute and long term BFV.

Wunderbar!
Ansett A330

Postby Uros » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:33 am

72linerlover wrote:
Uros wrote: I need to find a new photo hosting site first. Photobucket doesn't want to cooperate anymore.

Hi, Uros.
I have switched to https://village.photos/.
For a while it was only http, but now is https. It's quite easy to work with and free.
Bye
Euge

Thank you Eugenio!
Cheers!
Uros
Uros

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:47 am

Ansett A330 wrote:
TheChronicOne wrote:Everyone check in. Even if you're just lurking about; let us know you're alive and well.

Still stuck in Brisvegas Brad. Rarely check e-mail as mainly surf on the mobile as no Internet connection where I am other than Mobile coverage but I did see an e-mail from you last time I unclogged the e-mail so I must make the effort to spot the Laptop off the Mobile and reply.

In the meantime have been sorting through some kits down here to fit in a properly sized box to send to you. Have to maintain or exceed the standard of the last one though seeing you were so chuffed with it. Must do some research on your blog to see if there are any hints otherwise drop some hints here.

Other than that working like a foreign Labourer, turned another year older to next stop of kicking the bucket, and today had to go and get bloods done to see if I have Ross River Virus. No biggie as I’ve had Barmah Forrest Virus three times since 1994 (and “No” it doesn’t reoccur you get bitten/infected again to test short term Positive as opposed to long term positive as it is always in your system.). Happy Days!

Hope you are going well over there and none of those low life Bastards stealing your gear again.

Roger that. Seems we're all busier than ever and I don't envy you your moving ordeal. :D I can't lie, things are NOT going well over here but I'm pressing on regardless keeping the ship afloat as best I can. Blog is containing a LOT of bitching about the last couple of weeks of stuff and not a lot of model activity. I've nearly completely done away with hobby time for the last few months and I've only worked on a couple things in the last few months but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. In fact, I started a project a couple weeks back and am utilising some of those decals you sent last time. Not in the traditional manner, however! I'm making an Indian F-86 and using the weird green stripe MiG-21 scheme to slap on it. :lol:

Looking forward to Winter when I'll have a little free time again! This Summer time stuff is too hectic and too exhausting.... Yesterday the temp was 8 with 55% humidity and dewpoint of 77.... heat index was 110 and I almost fried out in it trying to mow. Stuff really takes the mojo away! Always short on time, too... so much stuff always needing done. BUT, I prefer this to the opposite which would be to just let everything go to shit and not have much purpose.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:50 am

Wedgetail wrote:Hi Brad,
I'm still here and still upright. I lurk here every day. Great site and great bunch of guys hang out here.
That Sprues McDuck tag just cracks me up.
cheers. Wayne.

Ahh!! Good to see a lurker out and about, Wayne! Thank you.... I would have went with that as my forum name instead of "TheChronicOne" but I have been using that handle on message boards for 15 years now so it helps with recognition and consistency. I agree.... it's a nice community we have here. I've not been here all too long... couple years now??? But it feels like another "home" away from home.
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

Postby TheChronicOne » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:51 am

Uros wrote:Here! I have some progress to report, but I need to find a new photo hosting site first. Photobucket doesn't want to cooperate anymore.

Try Imgur! Totally free. Unlimited storage and you can do neat things like one click copying to post into message boards, etc. I LOVE imgur....
-Sprues McDuck-
TheChronicOne

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge