Continuation of another thread, another place

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Continuation of another thread, another place

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Damo, were you sporting the mandatory silk scarf? You cannot play "Baron von Dreadful" without a silk scarf! There are lots of C172s out there to shoot down! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Of course I am, Adam! Never leave home without it..

A couple of weeks ago, I tried my hand at Irex, or Instrument Rating Exam. Didn't do so well - only got 62%, which was very disappointing given the pass mark was 70%. (Most CASA exams are 70% pass, except for the Air Law exams, which are 80%) What made it worse was I'd tried it once in 1990, and failed then. So today I had my third crack......and I got 90%. Feelin' pretty good now, especially since I've finally discovered an effective way of studying, and doing the whole work/study/kids/life/modelling (well, not really..) balance thing.. Next up is the IFR flight test, which will be in a couple of months, and in the meantime, I've got some more aeros to do :D
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Of course I am, Adam! Never leave home without it..

A couple of weeks ago, I tried my hand at Irex, or Instrument Rating Exam. Didn't do so well - only got 62%, which was very disappointing given the pass mark was 70%. (Most CASA exams are 70% pass, except for the Air Law exams, which are 80%) What made it worse was I'd tried it once in 1990, and failed then. So today I had my third crack......and I got 90%. Feelin' pretty good now, especially since I've finally discovered an effective way of studying, and doing the whole work/study/kids/life/modelling (well, not really..) balance thing.. Next up is the IFR flight test, which will be in a couple of months, and in the meantime, I've got some more aeros to do :D

Well done mate! So, what is your secret to getting the whole work/study/kids/life/modelling balance thing right? Don't tell me, write a book and make a fortune! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Wow! Over a year since the last post on this...
Well, today, folks, you're looking at Australia's newest (unless somebody else does it in WA or something..) IFR pilot. After an abortive attempt last year due to instructors quitting, a replacement instructor breaking his leg before even starting at the school, and only being booked a maximum of once a week, I finally got my Multi-engine command instrument rating! Which basically means I can fly in [almost] any weather, fly into clouds and not get lost, and other fun stuff. Now, if I can sort out the medical issue that's been dragging out for the last 3 years.... :D :D :D
A huge thanks to Davide Ierkic and Antony Provan at Royal Victorian Aero Club!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby BradG » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:01 pm

What's the end game Damo? I assume being a paid pilot for an airline or something.
BradG

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 pm

BradG wrote:What's the end game Damo? I assume being a paid pilot for an airline or something.

At my age, there is no longer an end game. I just want to take things as far as I possibly can. If that means airlines - which is highly doubtful - then good, but really all I want is to get paid to fly, even if it's rubber dog shit into Hong Kong.
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:05 pm

2 thumbs up knackers :) :) :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:15 am

well done Damo!!!!
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:48 am

Good one mate!!!
Perseverance and persistence pays off.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:05 am

Bravo Cap'n "Stranger to the ground"! You have to be a Richard Bach fan (one of his book titles) as I am to understand that description of you.
Adam the Akrodude

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge