3-6mth modelling hiatus

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

3-6mth modelling hiatus

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:18 am

As our landlord wants to move in, we need to move house. We've started the big job of packing which included the model room. Due to this inconvenience, it'll be roughly 3-6 months before I get any sort of modelling done which does suck balls just a little bit. So that'll explain my even slower than usual model output effort. Now to find a place with a big enough shed to house the cars and all the model stuff :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: 3-6mth modelling hiatus

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:01 pm

good luck
oz rb fan

Postby RayS » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Good luck with the house hunting
Ray

RayS

Postby F-27pax » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:35 am

Good luck with the move. I've just completed the move to a new place and things are in a state of chaos with modelling stuff everywhere. I started on getting my work area organized today but it will be a while yet before the paint booth is back in action. This place has a huge back shed so at least I will be able to get my model and kit collection sorted out after many years. I hope your move turns out be less chaotic than mine, but I guess that's what comes with moving - which is why modellers don't want to do it too often.
F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:39 am

Well my fellow plastic crack addicts, we moved house about 3 months ago and modelling is to commence in the next few days. I have a separate bungalow out the back as our model room. I say our room cos I couldn't have got the room to where it is now without the massive help from my little man Brock. He's been bloody fantastic and the added bonus is now we can both model in the same room together at the same time. I'm really excited about this. The last big job was to plumb the spray booth out the window which was completed last Sunday with a minimum of fuss which was surprising. Most of the kits are stacked with only a few to go, paint racks sorted and shelves of tools, paint, glues etc set up. There's a few small tweaks required but that won't stop the murdering of plastic. I'm having trouble with Flickr at the moment so when I get it sorted, I'll get some pics up. Maybe now I'll be able to finish the Z-tune Skyline that's been in clear coat for months awaiting sanding and polishing plus numerous other WIP's that need finishing :? :? I've also gotta get some stuff finished for expo ASAP :D :D :D :D
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Ansett A330 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:08 pm

Congrats on the move and the new setup.

Hope you and your boy have enjoyable and memorable times in the new modelling cave.
Ansett A330

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:41 am

Ansett A330 wrote:Congrats on the move and the new setup.

Hope you and your boy have enjoyable and memorable times in the new modelling cave.

Ta mate. The Model Cave. I think I need a sign made up for the door :lol: :lol: :lol:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:35 pm

I've got Flickr sorted so I'll upload some pics soonish :)
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:37 pm

WE ARE OPERATIONAL :D :D :D Me and Brock had an absolute ball finally doing some modelling together. I couldn't be happier. And we're doing it all again this weekend :D :D :D :D Anyways here's a couple of pics of the new digs.

The setup

Work on the Skyline finally continues

My little man busy at his new bench
hrtpaul

Return to Crew Lounge