Aussiemodeller

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Aussiemodeller

Postby VH-WAL » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:20 pm

I just tried getting into Aussiemodeller and I got a page saying account suspended...anyone else getting this?
VH-WAL

Re: Aussiemodeller

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:08 am

Yeah same here man :cry: :cry: :cry:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:16 am

Me too, access to the forum and the main site landing page as well.

Update from the AMI FB page

Dave posted last night he was having a scrap with his service host who wanted a year's payment renewal and he wanted to pay a month or so as he's trying to offload the site. Looks like his host service has pulled the plug now.
Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:24 pm

Well.....I actually did offer to take ownership of AMI, and have it hosted here as an A/CAM subsidiary Site, (a transfer was easy to do, and our Site hosts were more than willing to do that for some extra $$$).
I contacted Dave, but I never received a reply to my proposition. I don't know what else I could have done to try and save AMI??
Any former AMI member, (apart from one or two ;) ), who still need a traditional Model Site "fix" are more than welcome to join the ranks of our A/CAM membership.
TOR
tor lives

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:07 pm

funny how britmodeller manages to go from strength to strength
VH-WAL

Postby Ansett A330 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:43 pm

VH-WAL wrote:funny how britmodeller manages to go from strength to strength

Not surprising really as it is a very welcoming and friendly site and it does attract the odd icon of the modelling and/or reference world.

(And they have Group Builds!).
Ansett A330

Postby Ansett A330 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:46 pm

tor lives wrote:I contacted Dave, but I never received a reply ...

Same here ... twice. I know people are busy but at least an acknowledgement or a “Thanks but No Thanks” would be nice.
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:57 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:(And they have Group Builds!).

We too had Group Builds but, despite a lot of initial excited chatter, you all quickly lost interest.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:09 am

tor lives wrote:Well.....I actually did offer to take ownership of AMI, and have it hosted here as an A/CAM subsidiary Site, (a transfer was easy to do, and our Site hosts were more than willing to do that for some extra $$$).
I contacted Dave, but I never received a reply to my proposition. I don't know what else I could have done to try and save AMI??
Any former AMI member, (apart from one or two ;) ), who still need a traditional Model Site "fix" are more than welcome to join the ranks of our A/CAM membership.
TOR

What method of contact Ray? Email FB book post, Messenger message? Perhaps try the latter if not already tried? He has responded to my posts on the AMI FB page.
Ray

RayS

Postby RayS » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:11 am

tor lives wrote:
Ansett A330 wrote:(And they have Group Builds!).

We too had Group Builds but, despite a lot of initial excited chatter, you all quickly lost interest.
TOR

It was a mojo thing at the time for me. I still have my 2 737s as well as the 747 and shuttle to finish once I find a place here :-)
Ray

RayS

Next

Return to Crew Lounge