QANTAS records?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

QANTAS records?

Postby DDGboy » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:37 am

G'day all, on 24/10/91 I had to catch a QANTAS 747 red eye from Singapore (alongside Sembawang Basin on HMAS Torrens DE53) to Tullamarine after my step-sister was killed in a car accident, rejoining them in Lumut, Malaysia (Fokker 27 through the mountains from KL to Ipoh, up and down with wings flapping like an ornithopter, then 2 hour taxi ride to Lumut) a few weeks later.

Being young, a bit upset and pre-mobiles I never grabbed the rego of the QF flight down (The movie was Doc Hollywood, everyone slept while I took advantage of the free booze on international flights, all but emptying the drink trolley they ended up parking near me and falling down the air stairs on arrival at MEL!), are there records kept anywhere of such flights? I'd love to model her, especially now the Queen has ceased production.

MUCH later during two years at the Adelaide Class FFG Capability Element at Garden Island in Sydney I flew to Perth every 6 month for Team Torpedo at HMAS Stirling, flight back was usually a QANTAS 747-438 that had landed in Perth and was then continuing on to Sydney. They accidentally put me in Business Class for one, buttons everywhere and selectable TV channels, luxury!
DDGboy

Return to Crew Lounge