Canadian AF goes for A330, CC330 that is

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Canadian AF goes for A330, CC330 that is

Postby RayS » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:14 am

Royal Canadian Air Force Airbus CC-330 (A330-200) 330002 MSN 1653 (Ex Kuwait Airways)
VIP Paint Scheme
437 “Husky” Squadron

The first of first two aircraft of an eventual fleet of up to nine aircraft for the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) that will replace and renew the capability currently fulfilled by the Airbus CC-150 Polaris (A310-300) fleet and later will become part of the Strategic Tanker Transport Capability (STTC) fleet.

The contract for the procurement and preparation of two Airbus A330-200 aircraft, manufactured in 2015, was awarded to International AirFinance Corporation and is valued at $102M USD (taxes excluded).

The exact number of aircraft in the Strategic Tanker Transport Capability fleet is currently anticipated to be six aircraft (including these two Airbus A330-200 aircraft). These two commercial aircraft will later be modified by Airbus Defence and Space to military specifications required to serve as multirole aircraft within the STTC fleet, and they will play an integral role in providing air-to-air refueling, strategic airlift, aeromedical evacuations, and strategic Government of Canada personnel transport, including transport of the Prime Minister, Governor General, and others, for decades to come.​.

Ray

RayS

Re: Canadian AF goes for A330, CC330 that is

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:17 pm

As much as I'm not a fan of Airbus, I do like the A330 and it certainly looks pretty cool in that scheme :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Return to Crew Lounge