We hate Qantas

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

We hate Qantas

Postby erussell » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:27 am

Why Qantas is currently the world's most hated airline. Trying to justify ghost flights - flights which are cancelled before customers even book a ticket - they said............
"Australia’s biggest airline, Qantas, last week submitted to the Federal Court that booking a ticket to travel does not guarantee your right to a seat on that specific flight."

https://www.theage.com.au/business/comp ... 5egb9.html
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Re: We hate Qantas

Postby BradG » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:25 am

I guess they are trying to protect themselves from being sued if a flight is cancelled. They key though is it's alleged they had already cancelled the flight before they sold the tickets, I mean it's potentially bordering on fraud or obtaining a financial advantage by deception. I mean if I went around selling a product I knew I did not have and was not going to deliver, I imagine the police would get involved at some point.
BradG

Postby erussell » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:59 pm

A million or so in fines won't stop them committing more fraud. The only thing they would worry about is jail time for their executives.
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:15 pm

erussell wrote:A million or so in fines won't stop them committing more fraud. The only thing they would worry about is jail time for their executives.

Why do you think the leprechaun legged it :o :o :o
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby BradG » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:24 pm

erussell wrote:A million or so in fines won't stop them committing more fraud. The only thing they would worry about is jail time for their executives.

Wasn't the ACCC suing for something like 800 million, exactly because they don't want the fine to be just the cost of doing business.
BradG

Return to Crew Lounge