if I could have one aeroplane, it would be a...

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: if I could have one aeroplane, it would be a...

Postby tor lives » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
tor lives wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Surprise, surprise an F-4 FTW 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Especially if it is painted in a really cool, slick civvie scheme like that of Tracor Flight Systems.
Mmmmmmm..... Tracor Flight Systems!!!
Ray

Ummmmm no mate sorry. It would be a mean ar$e camo scheme like the Asia minor scheme worn by Iranian F-4's like this

I knew I'd sneak a military F-4 pic on here sooner or later MU HAHAHAHA 8-)

Great photo....the only thing missing is the cross-hairs of a USAF F-22 and the "growl" of a "locked-on" Sidewinder :D
RAY
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 pm

All they have to to is go to max military power and an F-22 or a Sidewinder won't see the F-4's for all the smoke LOL
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:48 am

hrtpaul wrote:All they have to to is go to max military power and an F-22 or a Sidewinder won't see the F-4's for all the smoke LOL

Yeah.....we used to use the same tactic with the 707 :D
Ray
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Should I sell my micro-business for untold gazillions and US Congress allow, perhaps I'd shout myself a F-22, the most exciting aeroplane flying on this planet I believe. I guess I could indeed swap the Extra 330 for a F-22!

Not sure how may of you witnessed the F-22 perform at Avalon, but it was mind-blowing! When you see such a big aeroplane doing flat descending turns, back-flips (whilst still moving forwards) and tail slides, you just know you are witnessing something very very special.

In my opinion, there are now just two classes of aeroplane - F-22 and targets! At Avalon three years ago, I managed to have a chat to a couple of Raptor drivers, one being a Aussie, based up in Alaska. I asked, "I guess you guys sit up at FL600 super cruising and swoop down on your prey?", "No sir, we dynamically change altitude to avoid detection and engage on our terms" was the answer. How cool I thought! I was advised at the time that there were 150 Raptor pilots and only one qualified display pilot - the reason the F-22 could not be displayed back in 2011 due to conflicting engagements for this display pilot.

Anyway, I so enjoyed watching this amazing bird of prey fly last year at Avalon - it was a jaw dropping show!
One just can't help be super envious of those lucky and talented few who get to fly and operate this incredible machine.

Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 pm

for me it would be the beautiful KI-84!!!! those that flew it say it was like an extension of them selves.

or if i was going to be predictable.....a Westland Whirlwind :o :shock:
oz rb fan

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 am

Something with lots of firepower so I could bomb and strafe all those people I hate.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 pm

_BlackHawk_ wrote:Something with lots of firepower so I could bomb and strafe all those people I hate.

Hey Brad!

Great to see you here! There may be some state and federal laws you exceed with such behaviour! Hopefully simulated bombing and strafing is enough to vent your frustrations? There's a great A-10 sim a mate showed me awhile ago - seen it?

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
_BlackHawk_ wrote:Something with lots of firepower so I could bomb and strafe all those people I hate.

Hey Brad!

Great to see you here! There may be some state and federal laws you exceed with such behaviour! Hopefully simulated bombing and strafing is enough to vent your frustrations? There's a great A-10 sim a mate showed me awhile ago - seen it?

Cheers

Adam

Yes; A-10C Warthog.
_BlackHawk_

Postby F-27pax » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Nothing says "1930s" like the Handley Page 42. Can I also have a flight and cabin crew too, please.
F-27pax

Postby davecana » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:41 pm

If money was no object, then a Gulfstream G650.
davecana

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge