Boeing 777 approach into Sydney

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Boeing 777 approach into Sydney

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:05 am

Wow thanks for explaining flight sims are not real flying, I live under a rock and wouldn't have realised that.............of course I was bloody kidding, but I'm a pretty good flight simmer, I use to play online a fair bit and got pretty good. Haven't played online in ages, I run UP3 and haven't bothered to keep an unmodded file.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:57 am

Drats! Victim once again to Ace's elaborate, dark, droll, mysterious, cryptic sense of humour - ARGH! :roll: I do have it on good authority that your humour Brad is both understood and celebrated by a scale plastic modelling club in a remote village on the side of a volcano in Iceland. In between regaling ancient stories of Viking adventures from the Saga's and building the latest 1/72 Airfix kits, they amuse themselves with stories of your latest antics on scale modelling forums!
The good news about living under a rock in suburban Melbourne these days Brad is that land value alone puts this at around $0.5Million at least! Dude, you're sitting on (or should I say under) a gold mine! :lol:

Drifting way off the glideslope here (which I apologise for), mentioning Vikings, anyone watch the episode last night? I love that show! Go Ragnar!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 am

I was once asked to join the Red Bull racing team after completing the course in under 2 minutes......flying a 747..
Seriously, though, my sim ride was awesome, Ray! Very much looking forward to the opportunity to get behind the controls of a big shiny jet again :)
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 am

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:I was once asked to join the Red Bull racing team after completing the course in under 2 minutes......flying a 747..
Seriously, though, my sim ride was awesome, Ray! Very much looking forward to the opportunity to get behind the controls of a big shiny jet again :)

That's coz you fly "TAC style" and one of the very few pilots as I understand it fully endorsed and authorised to wear your underpants on the outside, like the superhero aviator that you are Sir!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:46 am

Maybe I should move to Iceland then.
_BlackHawk_

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:50 am

_BlackHawk_ wrote:Maybe I should move to Iceland then.

The way this country is going, I may move there too!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:53 am

Adam the Akrodude wrote:That's coz you fly "TAC style" and one of the very few pilots as I understand it fully endorsed and authorised to wear your underpants on the outside, like the superhero aviator that you are Sir!

Had a hell of a battle with CASA to get that authorisation..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby tor lives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:58 am

Cap'n Wannabe wrote: Had a hell of a battle with CASA to get that authorisation..

Welcome to my world :D
Ray
tor lives

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge