A couple of personal photos.

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

A couple of personal photos.

Postby RHB785 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:23 am

Just a couple of personal pics. One of me standing by a Chipmunk that I was about to go for a ride in and the second one of Darren Mottram and me playing spy vs spy as we taxi out in said Chipmunk. These were taken at Luskintyre sometime in 2008.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Re: A couple of personal photos.

Postby RayS » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:57 am

The penny drops!

Nice to see you here Ross! you are a prolific poster over at ARC when it comes to Aussie (and in particular Mirage) stuff. Hope to see some more of you stuff posted here.

Ray aka ARC/BM Trojan Thunder
Ray

RayS

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Gotta love a Chippy :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RHB785 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Thank you Ray and Paul. There's more coming down the tube, just have to take some pics of them. I have some WIP pics of some of my current in (very slow) progress projects. I'll try to post some more tomorrow and in the coming days.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby RHB785 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:34 pm

One of these days I might just do a diorama of an eleco changing a main inverter in a Mirage. What a pig of a job that was. And it was no better in a Herc either. I hope the J model has a solid state main inverter and it's located somewhere other than under the flight deck forward of and below that partial bulkhead that went across the aircraft from right to left about 4 feet ahead of the 245 bulkhead.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby tor lives » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Great photos Ross. I note with some interest that the Chippy carries small Ansett titles.....do you know the story behind this??. As the A/CAM display theme for next year's Australian Model Expo is Ansett....a Chippy with Ansett titles would make for a most interesting and unusual display model.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RHB785 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:52 pm

To be honest Tor I don't know what the ansett logos mean. Perhaps the owner/pilot once flew for Ansett. I can try and find out for you but it won't be until at least next weekend. Paul Bennett is putting on an airshow at Maitland next weekend so I'll make some enquiries while I'm there.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:21 am

Love that Chippy! That's one aeroplane very high up on my list to go for a ride in. It's of course one of the most iconic and most loved of all trainers - the poor man's Spitfire!

Over at the LSP forum, there is a guy who built his own 1/32 resin Chippie and was going to sell kits - in a low volume run. Should look into this again.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=51916&hl=chipmunk

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=52292&hl=chipmunk

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:30 pm

G'day Adam. If you think the Chippie is a poor man's Spitfire try this on for size. I first saw this aeroplane in bits in the owner's garage. I just happened to be walking past his garage one day and noticed this little aeroplane sitting there being worked on. I asked him what it was and he told me "A Piel Emeraude". He told me it had the same shape and profile wing as a Spitfire and thus flew like one. He had a mate who had flown Spitfires during the war and he had a fly in this and his verdict was that it flew just like a Spitfire. The owner had had an engine failure on take off and hit a fence at the end of the runway. These shots were taken about 18 months later at Luskintyre. The good thing about these is you can build them at home which is what this owner did.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Member Photos