More of my real aircraft photos.

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

More of my real aircraft photos.

Postby RHB785 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:03 am

Here are some more of my aircraft photos, again mostly from Festival of Flight 2008 at Watts Bridge. First up a few of Max Pagetts beautifully restored Tiger Moth. This retoration was done by Ray Windred at Luskintyre. The first one is of Max standing next to his bird.

Now one of Max preparin gto go home to the Sunshine Coast on the Sunday afternoon. Notice the small DH decals on the interplane struts.

Max taking off with a young lad in the front cockpit earlier on the Sunday.

Some more later on today.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Re: More of my real aircraft photos.

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Tigermoth :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RHB785 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Thaks Paul. Max told me that this one was either the first of the hundred aircraft imported from Britain or the last. I can't recall which it was now but one or the other.

Regtards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby RHB785 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Another 1930s beauty. This time from the other side of the Pond. A gorgeous Stinson Reliant, fully restored, even the interior.

That's not real wood grain effect on that instrument panel. It's actually a stamped metal panel painted to look like wood grain called faux woodgrain. Very popular in the 20s 30s and 40s especially in American cars of the day like a certain old Pontiac I happen to know. Body by Holden.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Member Photos