Aero L39 Albatros

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Aero L39 Albatros

Postby RHB785 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:20 pm

A shot of Mark Pracy's L39 Albatros. It's pretty well standard VVS camo with various sponsors' logos on the side as well as Mark's name. Mark runs Jet Ride. Company name is self explanatory.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Re: Aero L39 Albatros

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 am

C'mon Mr. Tattslotto - where the hell are ya? Still waiting for that knock on the door with a fellow with the enormous cheque! Till, then, all I can do is dream of owning a L-39. :(

Great pic's Ross - cheers!

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:52 am

Yes Adam. Me too I'm afraid. But then they probably wouldn't let an old codger like me fly one of those things anyway. BTW I have some T-28 Trojan detail pics for you if you would like them. Should I post them in the appropriate forum or email them to you.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:53 am

Hi Ross

Please post here. Hey, don't write yourself off too soon! Henry Haigh a one time great US aerobatics champ won the World Championships at 64! I once knew a guy who flew a Pitts into his mid-70's.

I've thought of going for a ride in a L-39, but would need to be pretty happy with the owners organisation and the pilot's experience - overall and on type. It's a lot of money for very little flight time. They've been too many adventure flight accidents for my liking here. Comes down to one's risk assessment of the task/fun at hand. I do think many people are too trusting/blissfully unaware of what they are getting into sometimes in this regard. I have ZERO time logged in a jet and must rectify this sometime though - it's only money :D. Other somewhat necessary things keep getting in the way - paying the bloody mortgage, feeding the family, keeping the lights on, etc!

I seriously considered going for a ride in that A-37 "Super Tweet" I think based in Bankstown awhile back. It was grounded at the time, as a fuel pump was stuffed and they were waiting on getting one. This one is the lowest time jet warbird in the country - only had 300 hours on it when they got it (apparently :roll: ). I like the Super Tweet and must build one. It has a incredible thrust/weight ratio for a little jet fighter. I'm, think I'll post something on the Super Tweet and must build one!

I really enjoy and appreciate your great photos.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member Photos