Pitts trifecta.

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Pitts trifecta.

Postby RHB785 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:26 pm

These Pitts Specials used to belong to Phil Unicomb, now belong to Paul Bennett. I took these shots as Phil and his team were about to take off for an aerobatics display over Newcastle harbour on New Years Eve weveral years ago.

Somewhere in my collection I have the three of them rolling down the runway in formation at Maitland for this display. I'll find it and upload it tomorrow if I get a chance.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Re: Pitts trifecta.

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Nice :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:11 am

Up front is a single seat S-1S.

Behind are two S-2A's, both configured with just the rear canopy. Both are early S-2A's (narrow fuselage) with the early canopy arrangement. UPU is an ex-Australian Aerobatic Club-Victorian Chapter aeroplane. The club here had a single seat S-1S and the dual seat S-2A (UPU) and a very hard decision was made by the club to sell both these aeroplanes, as the club coffers were empty and both aeroplanes in dire need of re-build - hmm, been there done, that, got the t-shirt. I joined the club a little later when the club bought Pitts S-A VH-SZE and history repeated itself. Club ownership sadly just didn't work out and SZE was sold to GFS (now Oxford Fying School). After two instructors had a bad landing (ran out of fuel just short of Temora!), Oxford sold SZE to a private owner.

There is lots of history with these amazing birds down here - all have stories to tell.

I'll post some of my shots of these wicked little aeroplanes!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:06 pm

I wait with anticipation for those photos Adam. It's good to know a bit of history about an aeroplane. I learned to fly at the same time as Phil Unicomb and we joined the Royal Newcastle Aero Club about the same time. I have some more Pitts photos to post at a later time.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Member Photos