Some more from Hunter Airshow 2015.

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Some more from Hunter Airshow 2015.

Postby RHB785 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:59 pm

Some more from Hunter Airshow 2015. First up a bit of Yakity Yak. A wonderful Yak-18T in the Yak park. For those who don't know the Yak-18T is an arerobatic four seater.
Recognise the Adventra in the background of this last one damo? As an AAL officer I had the privilege of parking in the 'Staff Carpark". I'll post more from the Yak park hopefully tomorrow.

Regards,
RHB.
Last edited by RHB785 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RHB785

Re: Some more from Hunter Airshow 2015.

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:39 pm

You just have to love Yak's don't you! The Yak-52 is like no other aeroplane I've flown. Interesting to see that scimitar Whirlwind prop on the Yak-18. That is the very prop I wanted on the Laser. The new owner did just that and had all sorts of issues with the leading edge metal strip not glued on properly (hardly any glue) and some delamination on the trailing edge of the prop. He's replaced it with a MT I think. That's another bullet I dodged! I do think the Whirlwind props look incredible though - just love the look of those fat chord blades! There have been some catastrophic failures in the past with Whirlwinds with shear pins letting go causing the failed blade to go full course with enormous vibration a result. One female Pitts driver in USA had two such failures - and lived to tell the tail!

Great photos!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member Photos