More from the Yak Park; Hunter Airshow 2015. Part 3.

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

More from the Yak Park; Hunter Airshow 2015. Part 3.

Postby RHB785 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:24 am

This one's in WW2 Romanian camoflage and markings and also has a standard Russian prop.
The front view of this one.
A silver and blue Yak-52 in Moscow Aero Club markings. Both this one and the red and silver one I posted in the last post have this marking on the port side and Aeroklub Moscva in Cyrillic script on the starboard side.
And the front view of this one.
Now a couple of Nanchang CJ-6s.
The three Yaks and two Nanchangs did some formation aerobatics and then split into two formations, the Yaks in one and the Nanchangs in the other and did some pretty good aeros as two formations and then came back together for a finale as a five ship formation. Thrilling to watch.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Re: More from the Yak Park; Hunter Airshow 2015. Part 3.

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:57 am

Great pic's once again. From what I understand, the Russian props are time limited. Once that time is reached, into the bin they go. Many Eastern European aircraft operate this way. The Yak wings are the same - the higher the G workout they get, the shorter their lifespan. The Zlin-242 I flew down here years ago has not flown since the wings timed out. It was just not financially viable apparently to re-wing it sadly.

Years ago a guy I knew had a Yak-50. Once he had to make a forced landing on French Island due to experiencing high engine vibration. A bit of one prop blade had come away in flight. So, once on the ground, he measured equal lengths off the end of each blade and cut off the tips. Problem solved - it got him back to his airfield!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Who says planned obsolescence is a purely capitalist idea? :lol: Although I have to say I can get any part I want for my Lada Niva from European sources and much cheaper than from the parts importer in Queensland who no longer carries quite a lot of parts for them. A tail light assembly from the importer is roughly $430 including shipping to Newcastle. From a source in Ukraine about $55 including shipping for the exact same part. Guess where I get my parts from these days. Even the local Lada service agent here get their parts from overseas now becasue of the incredible price difference. The importer is whinging he's not selling many Lada parts anymore. I can't begin to fathom why not. :twisted: On a wall of one of the hangars at Luskintyre are a couple of Russian props, possibly off Yaks. One is complete and the other has the ends broken off the blades. To me it looks like they are wooden blades or perhaps Jablo. Can you impart to me a little more knowledge of these props Adam?

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:11 pm

Pretty sure they are a wood laminate. One would look good in the "man cave" up on the wall. I already have a super expensive yet worthless prop to gather dust - a MT two blade prop from my first venture into aeroplane syndicate ownership - even more disastrous than my last venture! At least the last Laser I had a share in actually flew - not a pipe dream hangar queen destined never to fly! :( I was conned very badly the first time. Ah, ya live and learn - hopefully!

Interesting your experience sourcing parts for your Lada. You have done very well to avoid the whole retail rip-off - well done sir!
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member Photos