Point Cook Tiger Moth - VH-BEN

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Point Cook Tiger Moth - VH-BEN

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:20 pm

Graeme helped me discover that the very Tiger owned by the gentleman who also owns the Yak-52 I had a ride in, is the very one I went for a ride in for my 30th Birthday many moons ago at Moorabbin. Here she is - VH-BEN.

Adam the Akrodude

Re: Point Cook Tiger Moth - VH-BEN

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Very nice mate. Not surprising I have a new found fondness for the Tiger Moth. It appears (without seeing the front of the wings) that this one doesn't have the slats on the top wing. Same as VH-AMY. Something I'm gonna have to deal with on both the1/72 and 1/32 kits. Bloody great looking plane and it's cool that you flew in her mate. It appears I may have joined a single type GB on Britmodeller (WTF???) starring the Tiger Moth. I'll only be doing the 1/72 kit for that as there's no way I'd ever finish the 1/32 kit before November. Especially with the detail I want to include. Cracker pics mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Hats off to you Paul - you brought back a lot of memories from that flight. I got most of the stick time in flight which was nice. Ol' Bill just did the t/o and landing. We flew down to the Mornington Peninsula and right over the top of my parents house in a little town called Shoreham, a small seaside village. They came out and waved which was pretty cool as I flew figure 8's over the top of them. It was one of the very few times my parents got to see me fly. I also had a roaring hangover at the time. That open cockpit freshness certainly helped blow the "badness" from the night before out of my system!

I'm so so tempted to look for a 1/32 Tiger now! I have though just been informed that I now have to pay for a 1/32 Kittyhawk OV-10A Bronco I've pre-ordered - don't tell my wife, she'll kill me! I seriously love this crazy looking aeroplane.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:18 pm

Oh shit look what I just found :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/De-Havilland-DH-82A/1305598/L/&sid=d727691e52b5abcf2a59412418730d09
Hi. My name is Paul and I haven't bought a model in 23hrs :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RHB785 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:44 pm

When I find out how to upload photos from my phone to the computer I have a few of me strapping into the front seat of Paul Bennett's Tiger at Maitland last year when he and one of his pilots took us Air League members up for a ride at a very reasonable price. Because of the skin cancer removals on the top of my head I always have to wear a hat or cap when out in the sun. During the side slip on finals the RNAC cap went west (literally) even though I had a headset on over the top of it. There are also a couple of pics of some of our Cadets sitting in standing around the RNAC's VH-RNI (A17-111) before she was pulled apart. She's still in pieces at this moment awaiting new rigging wires and so forth.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby tor lives » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:59 am

Beautiful photos of a simply lovely aeroplane Adam. Thanks for posting.
TOR
PS: especially love the detail shots of the cockpit.
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:07 am

I'm certainly going to have to build one now aren't I. FFS, as if I don't have enough modelling projects in the pipeline - ARGH! A civvie one would be nice, but I think I would just have to build a RAAF Point Cook Tiger I think. I could be easily tempted/swayed to build your ex-work mates Tiger though - she's a beaut!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Stop being soft Adam and just build a Tiger. There's no law saying you can't have to many projects. Ask me how I know :? :? :? :? :? :? :? 5 more sleeps and I get to satart the little one 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Prob is Paul many of my projects tend to be "substantial" in terms of investment in time. For example, I've probably spent at least 20 hours recently bogging, sanding and re-detailing poor fitting bits on my Trumpie 262. It's all good and part of the "fun", but it takes so much time with larger scales. The bigger the model, the more you have to cram into it to make it look realistic I think.
So, a Tiger is on the cards at some stage - just down the track a bit as I've more pressing jobs on the way. BTW, my 1/32 OV-10A Bronco is in transit - WaHoo! BIG F-104, BIG Su-29, Pitts Bulldog, 1/48 A-26A Counter Invader, 1/48 T-28D, 1/32 RB-51 in the "immediate" schedule - this is about 4-5 years of modelling projects either started or to be started.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:53 pm

hrtpaul wrote:There's no law saying you can't have to many projects.

If there was I would be in trouble :?
Is there a law that says you actually have to finish a project???
TOR
tor lives

Next

Return to Member Photos