Another for Adam the Akrodude.

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Another for Adam the Akrodude.

Postby RHB785 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:52 pm

I have no idea what this is. I tried looking it up on the register but it isn't registered anymore in Australia for whatever reason. It's a pretty neat little aeroplane and I'm thinking perhaps Adam might know what it is. It isn't a Pitts and doesn't appear to be an Acro Sport II and it isn't a Steen Skybolt. What is it Adam? Can you tell us? Also taken at Watts Bridge in 2008.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Re: Another for Adam the Akrodude.

Postby Tony P » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:25 pm

It's an acroduster. 2 secs on Google. ;)
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby RHB785 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:16 pm

Thanks for the reply Tony. I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking and as I said it's no longer on the register which is where I look.

regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Oh what a cutie! I didn't know what it was either - thinking it maybe a Steen Skybolt. A few "Pitts" derivatives have popped up over the years - main one being the Christen Eagle of course. Most of these have been designed to be a little more "user friendly" than the Pitts, which being short coupled longitually, can make for interesting landings if no 100% on the ball. Some derivatives have wider track u/c, longer wings, longer fuselage, cut down canopy rail for better visibility, etc. Curtis Pitts said in regard to the Pitts being difficult to fly "There are no squirrelly airplanes, just squirrelly pilots!".

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member Photos