Three Wacos.

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Re: Three Wacos.

Postby RHB785 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:21 am

:D, Barney is that last Waco yours? What's happening with her? She does look a bit dusty doesn't she.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Barneydhc82 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:30 am

RHB: That old dust catcher has been sitting there for 25+ years and the old codger that owns her will not sell her. He had a rag-bag WACO UPF-7 which he flew up to his farm strip with the intention of rebuilding the thing. The strip was across a small creek with a narrow bridge. While towing the UPF-7 across the bridge, it fell over the edge and was seriously damaged.

Barney
Barneydhc82

Postby RHB785 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:15 pm

:D, Oh no. I hate hearing stories like that. An old man that used to live around the corner from us had a Wolesley 6/80 that had broken down and he couldn't fix it himself but wouldn't sell it to a mate of my Dad who was a motor mechanic. It just sat there and rusted away until it was worth nothing but scrap value and that's what happened to it when the old bloke died. His daughter had to pay to get it towed to the scrap yard and then only got about $50 for it which covered the towing fee and a little left over. What a waste. I used to pass it every afternoon and Saturday morning on my way to my after school job and I thought it was a crying shame.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Previous

Return to Member Photos