The Russkies are here!

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Re: The Russkies are here!

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 pm

Great pics Adam. I've got a 1/72 An-2 to do as VH-CCE that lives up at Lilydale :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Capt NG » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14 am

I remember the AN124 display at Richmond well.. I remember seeing how close the left wing tip was to the ground during one of his turns and thinking to myself this guys going to "auger in"..

That was a great airshow.. I remember bussing up for the day from CBR, stinking hot day, but what a great day out it was..

Salty that B52 captain had a history of stunts like that over a long period before that fateful flight.. An episode in poor CRM indeed..
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 am

Salty wrote:No...It's about Holland, I presume?

Full title of the book is "Darker shades of blue - The Rogue Pilot". This book went around the local aerobatic club a few years ago. It's about when ego gets out of control in the cockpit, as very much was the case with that BUFF driver. As I remember, no other BUFF drivers confronted him about his other prior hairy flying antics. He was the high time BUFF driver at the time wasn't he?
The book covers a few other such episodes.
Two "rogue pilots" here I recall was that T-28 crash in TAS and a Pitts S-2S crash in SA couple of years ago - both obviously fatal.

Cheers
Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Nillus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:21 pm

He was a hi-time driver and this was his last display.
Sadly it was also everyone on board's last display as well.

There are other videos of his reckless acts on YouTube.

Interestingly, no-one used the punch-button on the '52. No time I expect.
Nillus

Previous

Return to Member Photos