Your favourite Aviation photos

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Re: Your favourite Aviation photos

Postby VH-WAL » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:09 pm

I always liked this one:

A 4 x formation Staff continuation training sortie..low level navex, strafing / dive bombing exercise over some farmers shed and back home to Pearce.

The film exposure came out slightly arty farty (quite by accident) one day I must tickle this one up in photoshop and have a framed print done up
VH-WAL

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:In formation with my mate Dave...I wasn't flying this one, just a pax

Jab formation small - 1.jpg

In formation with Adam the Akrodude..

Formation training - small.jpg

Wasn't it fun "pretending to do it TAC style" Damo! I loved it every time we got a liitle too close, one of the instructors would pipe up and say "Jeez you're UGLY!".

Great fun!

Cheers
Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:02 pm

wally wrote:I always liked this one:

A 4 x formation Staff continuation training sortie..low level navex, strafing / dive bombing exercise over some farmers shed and back home to Pearce.

The film exposure came out slightly arty farty (quite by accident) one day I must tickle this one up in photoshop and have a framed print done up

Beautiful photo Wally. My dream was to do this 25-30 years ago, just didn't have the focus to get there, so was not meant to be. Too much dreaming, not enough focus! I remember at the time of my failed atempts to get into Aircrew training, there was a 50% washout rate. Those that got in and got through to wings are very talented aviators!
What a beautiful aeroplane is the Macchi!
Cheers
Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Capt NG » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:11 pm

Hey Damo and Adam... Is that TAC comment something to do with something on another site? If so that's hilarious!!!!the same carbon based biped primate has jumpseated on a 737 too.. And knows all.. :lol:
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Capt NG wrote:Hey Damo and Adam... Is that TAC comment something to do with something on another site? If so that's hilarious!!!!the same carbon based biped primate has jumpseated on a 737 too.. And knows all.. :lol:

Yep, you guessed it!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Capt NG wrote:Hey Damo and Adam... Is that TAC comment something to do with something on another site? If so that's hilarious!!!!the same carbon based biped primate has jumpseated on a 737 too.. And knows all.. :lol:

Yup...had a little something to do with this post by said carbon based biped primate. Which, incidentally, has been conveniently removed from the thread in question (http://forum.aussiemodeller.com.au/view ... f=6&t=7776) on Another Modelling Internet site.....and you must be logged in to view..

carbon based biped primate wrote:This is the difference between the civilian "wannabes" and the military/legal "are's"..if you get this excited over a little piston racer then you'll totally crap your pants when you come ride with the Big Boys tactical style ;)
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Nillus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Oh how I wish I'd seen that comment.

This was from the the 77 fellow?

:roll:
Nillus

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:27 am

Salty wrote:Oh how I wish I'd seen that comment.

Salty wrote:Oh how I wish I'd seen that comment.

Yep. That's him.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby VH-WAL » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:48 am

also like these, have been tempted to doing an Airfix 1/24, but I haven't weakened yet
VH-WAL

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:33 am

Stunning shots above Wally. I built the 1/24 Hurri as a kid - boy what a fun build! I largely painted it with paints found in dad's shed - a bit of matt mission brown, some gloss green and some gloss white. I think dad even offered to buy me the right Humbrol paints at the time, but I said "no worries, all sorted dad!". I wasn't as anal then as I am now. Perhaps modelling isn't quite as fun (in relative terms) either?
That poor ol' Hurri is long gone sadly. I did love that model at the time.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

PreviousNext

Return to Member Photos