South Australia Scale Model Expo 2016

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

South Australia Scale Model Expo 2016

Postby uncle les » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:41 pm

uncle les

Re: South Australia Scale Model Expo 2016

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks Les - looked a good show. Well done on the gong for the Winjeel. Bring any other gongs back for the trophy cabinet? How big was the show relative to Expo out of interest?
Adam the Akrodude

Re: South Australia Scale Model Expo 2016

Postby uncle les » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:07 am

Cheers Adam, it was a great show from my perspective, I don't have the numbers for competition but SAPMA's homepage will have all the galleries up soon where they've photographed every entry. Having said that there were a few categories that could have done with some more entries - every show has this.
Relative to ModelExpo in Melbourne it's smaller all round, but I'd prefer to say "cosier", the event runs for two days (not three like ModelExpo) and the new venue serves the event very well. Parking was a bit hit and miss as the college hosts a multitude of events at the same time BUT - there's no chance of a parking ticket as there was when it was in Adelaide CBD and we're only talking about the inconvenience of the same length walk from car to event as you have at Sandown ! The sprawl of the college feels a bit like what ModelExpo was before it moved to Sandown but with easier access !

..and yes, I scored some more silverware for my Mum to covet ! ( All my trophies go to her these days - her friends probably think her son owns a racehorse or sumthin' !! )
uncle les

Return to Member Photos