Fav pic's of mine from Avalon

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Fav pic's of mine from Avalon

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 pm

I won't bore you lot with all my pic's (I know, there are only so many F-35 and little akro bird pic's one can look at!), so here are my best pic's from Avalon 2017. These are also in reverse order - just how they come out of the camera and I make no apologies for there being a heavy emphasis on F-35 pic's. Avalon 2017 was all about the F-35!

Adam the Akrodude

Re: Fav pic's of minw from Avalon

Postby tor lives » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:48 am

Great photos.....thanks for posting!!!!
Although that F-35 is butt-ugly :D
TOR
tor lives

Re: Fav pic's of mine from Avalon

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 am

tor lives wrote:Great photos.....thanks for posting!!!!
Although that F-35 is butt-ugly :D
TOR

I did enjoy Avalon this year - took my middle girl on the Sunday which was special. Yes, yes, I know all about your aversion to the F-35s looks! I will say that it does look 21st Century and has this "presence" that that only 5th Gen have. Sorry, the poor ol' Hornet just can't cut it in this department any more. I do think the Growler looks pretty cool though with all the extra "bits" it's sprouted over itself versus the Super Hornet.

It was indeed nice to witness history with the arrival of the F-35s - a incredible feat by the RAAF to bring them across for Avalon. Quite a entertaining Avalon this year with lots of new stuff t see and check out. The PC-21s look very hot! The P-8s sure look the business too. Interesting to see all the extra sheet aluminium added to the P-8 fuselage to stiffen it up. I bet the wings are substantially stronger as well versus the civvie version. I was advised it's the heaviest "737", even though it should not be referred to being a 737 as it's substantially different, but of course from the same family.
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member Photos