KGZ - The last sitting

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Re: KGZ - The last sitting

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue May 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Salty, that makes perfect sense. Don't forget your A/CAM buddies when you get to fire up multiple radials and make that "sound of round!".
One of the LAME's who looked after KGZ for us is a 1/10th owner of a 52 at Kynton - beautiful machine. They of course do all their own maintenance, which is quite complex and it still costs them $400/hr to fly. These are maintenance intensive aeroplanes requiring a lot of love. There's a lovely little Victa in the hangar I can fly as well. Luckily no shortage of aeroplanes down here for hire - the way forward for me. Now I'm out of that toxic syndicate, I can look forward.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 am

Ah, am I suffering KGZ withdrawal symptoms - YES!

Some nice news. The new owner has offered to me a flight once the new prop is fitted. This will be nice, as I never got that "knowing" last flight. It will be amazing to see what it's like with the new fat chord Whirlwind prop as well, so fingers crossed.

Found this photo on Airliners.net from when Guido owned her, as was pushing her to the limits! This I wonder could be post re-build in the mid to late 80's after a Pitts S-2A collided into KGZ up in Darwin - a landing incident, requiring substantial re-build of both.

Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed May 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Adam - if you let me know when you do your flight, maybe I could join up with you and get some air-to-air shots..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Wed May 28, 2014 4:39 pm

I remember seeing it in that scheme when I was in Darwin :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Member Photos