F-35s at RAF Marham

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

F-35s at RAF Marham

Postby VH-WAL » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:11 am

Summer appeared for a day here in the UK so we went for a 2.5 hour drive down to Marham in Norfolk. I took a number of F-35 photos from quite a few different angles to create a portfolio detailed enough to reinforce my opinion its the ugliest goddam jet I have ever seen. I remember a SAAB rep describing the F-35 as the fat kid with a magic cloak, it is true.... that rear fuselage looks like a dunny roll tube and the shape of the fuselage in the dust bin lid area is just awful. Something else to note, my god it is REALLY REALLY LOUD! Anyhoos I'll put a few pics in as a taster, go to the photostream to see the whole schmozzle. Amazingly the missus thinks it is the best plane she has ever seen (she likes things tidy without missiles, pods and fuel tanks hanging off them)
VH-WAL

Re: F-35s at RAF Marham

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Great pics mate as usual. Oh man the fanboys are gonna roast you for criticising "their jet" any way, shape or form :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:39 pm

I reckon the best description of it that I have heard is that it is “the modern day Brewster Buffalo”.

(Edit : And that’s not in reference to it’s looks it’s in reference to it’s capability!).
Ansett A330

Postby RayS » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:38 am

Thanks for sharing Wal, I think the B is the ugliest of the lot, the C has some semblance of normalcy.

Though I must say the A model shape is growing on me, much the same as the QANTAS legless roo has.
Ray

RayS

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:45 am

RayS wrote:Though I must say the A model shape is growing on me, much the same as the QANTAS legless roo has.

The Men in the White Coats should be knocking on your door any minute now to take you away to the Funny Farm.

(More for the latter and not as much for the former!).
Ansett A330

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:08 pm

Great pic's Wally.

Yeah, the F-35 ain't the prettiest from some angles and yes it does look pretty plump down the back end, but that's because it's got a freaking massive engine. I've got some contacts and let's just say the Super Hornet fraternity is a little miffed getting knocked off its pedestal here - they can't touch the F-35s - can't see 'em, can't even climb high enough to get them. The users love the F-35 and they can't be built fast enough. F-117 looks like shit, but look what it did over Baghdad. Who cares what it looks like if it's a game changer and the users love it?
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:I reckon the best description of it that I have heard is that it is “the modern day Brewster Buffalo”.

(Edit : And that’s not in reference to it’s looks it’s in reference to it’s capability!).

You're not hearing from the people in the know then I guess. Whoever came up with a "modern day Brewster Buffalo" hasn't a clue. I've heard the RAAF's SH fraternity are pretty miffed getting kicked off their pedestal here as they can't touch the F-35s - not a hope against them. Why are so many countries pushing to buy them with UAE the latest?
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member Photos