A recent pick I took

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

A recent pick I took

Postby AndrewDoppel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Took this last night from Ayer's Rock/Uluru and seems to have been a very popular pick with some of my Facebook friends so I thought I'd share it here too. Hope to get back into some models this week now I'm back home.
Attachments
DSC_0280.JPG
DSC_0280.JPG (674.25 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Re: A recent pick I took

Postby tor lives » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 pm

It's a shame that big rock is in the way :D....but seriously, very impressive indeed!!!
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:13 pm

SoO the aircraft you were photographing went behind that big rock??

Seriously, very nice shot.
Ray

RayS

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:19 am

Seeing and then standing beside this 'rock' and then seeing the vastness of Australia's Red Centre gives you a better under standing of how big this country actually is. Even Gosse Bluff crater which they believe was caused by a comet 600m in diameter, in the middle of now where illustrates this. We certainly live in a big world. Glad you like the pic guys.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:43 am

Great pic Andrew.

I have some nice memories of Ayers Rock. Went there on a flying holiday when I was 18 with 11 other people in two light aeroplanes - a Cessna 185 (what a beast!) and a Cessna 210. I only had a couple of hours flying experience at the time, but I was given a lot of stick time to and from Ayers Rock. The pilot almost ground looped the 185 on landing at the original Ayers Rock airfield (dirt) due to lots of crosswind. This was in 1982, just before that truck went right through the Ayers Rock pub I think killing someone. We camped in tents by the rock - kind of spooky having this enormous black thing right next to you blanketing out billions of stars at night. Never got to climb the rock - it was way too hot when we were there. I guess we all felt we didn't need to as we flew all around it.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:59 pm

I can't see the attraction in climbing the rock. Looked like bloody hard work and was closed due to temperatures exceeding 36 degrees anyway. Interestingly the Aborigines at the new cultural centre request that you don't climb it but say if you do, you need to follow the trail of their ancestors which I believe is where the chain is anyway. Obviously there's been a few deaths on the rock as there are a number of plaques about 20m up the rock near the climb point (which you can't read from the ground) dedicated to those that have lost their lives. I found it more interesting from the chopper as you can still see the original Connellan strip. Photo not mine.
Attachments
yulara_IMG_1542-Edit.jpg
yulara_IMG_1542-Edit.jpg (121.94 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Ya right A2 about how big it is and it's amazing how it changes colour throughout the day. I climbed almost to the top years ago which is a awesome effort on my behalf considering I'm scared of heights. I sat at Chicken rock, which is about 20m up for ages before I summoned the nuts to climb higher. I do however prefer The Olgas over Ayers Rock myself. Have a safe trip mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Am I going somewhere else????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, goodie. Home sucks when you've just got back from somewhere like that.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Plus the weather is much better there :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:04 pm

And you flew the right airline to get there :D
TOR
tor lives

Next

Return to Member Photos