Avalon 2015 - one photo hacks' perspective!

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Avalon 2015 - one photo hacks' perspective!

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:02 pm

OK ACAM peeps, I've finally gotten around to posting my pic's from Avalon this year. They've had a basic tidy up only. Sorry about the quality of some (the aerial ones mainly). In my defence, the light in the afternoons at Avalon is not conducive for decent pic's, as you are mainly shooting into the sun. Throw in a lot of cloud and you are taking pic's of black objects against a white background. I only have a 200mm zoom which is very slow as well. My 500mm mirror lens is pretty well impossible to use on fast moving objects. I'm just lacking the funds to spend thousands on a decent 300mm fast (self motor driven) zoom :cry: .

The high light for me this year was the WW1 aviation. I bow supremely low in great respect for what has been achieved over the ditch in NZ. Those Kiwi's just show what can be done with a lot of imagination, skill and bucket loads of money. I just hope they will come back in two years time.

Here's the link - hopefully it works.

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/Pittsdriver/library/Avalon%202015?sort=2&page=1

Adam the Akrodude

Re: Avalon 2015 - one photo hacks' perspective!

Postby tor lives » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Excellent set of photos mate.....thanks very much for posting, especially for those of us who could not get to Avalon this year.
Love the B-52 with the bomb bay open...... "a belly load full of instant sunshine" :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:34 am

Cracker pics mate. See this why I don't have to bother going. I just let everyone else do the hard work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:13 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Cracker pics mate. See this why I don't have to bother going. I just let everyone else do the hard work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only too happy to oblige - only wish a big smokin' "Double Ugly" was there to takes pic's for ya! I imagine you'd crawl there on your hands and knees should that ever happen (impossible now of course). I did try to select and take pic's that "tell the story". I get something different out of each Avalon. It's never a perfect airshow, but what is - perhaps only Oshkosh or Reno, both very different events though. Avalon is our airshow and I think we're bloody lucky to have it.

The Avalon knockers can whinge and carry on all they like (as some have once again over at that another model site). You get out what you put in. I was pretty lucky this year as I had two free passes, plus a free tab at food & beverage stands on the Sunday :D (thanks to Jock the Scottish legend!), so it was a extremely financially viable Avalon this year (as opposed to other years that have cost me a fortune to fly friends into Avalon East - yikes!). Bloody great catching up with some flying mates as well for a good yak "Ah there we were, upside down with nothing on the clock but the makers name....".

A few of you A/CAMer's couldn't make Avalon for work/life reasons, so hopefully my photos did some justice to this event. Sure there was plenty of controversy this year, but I can't wait for Avalon 2017!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Great pics there Adam and I like all of them but especially that little Ryan SC cabin monoplane near the RH tailplane of the B-52. There were some brilliant light aircraft designs that came out the 1920s and 30s from all over the world not just the US and UK. I really like the Golden Years of Aviation as they're called. Maybe I'm just yearning for a time which I think was not so rushed as our modern times are. Then again, that may just be me.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:28 pm

RHB785 wrote:Great pics there Adam and I like all of them but especially that little Ryan SC cabin monoplane near the RH tailplane of the B-52. There were some brilliant light aircraft designs that came out the 1920s and 30s from all over the world not just the US and UK. I really like the Golden Years of Aviation as they're called. Maybe I'm just yearning for a time which I think was not so rushed as our modern times are. Then again, that may just be me.

Regards,
RHB.

Thanks Ross - and it's not just you! Man, can someone please find the brakes on this runaway train!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Member Photos