COVID-19 - F_ck it! What are we building?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: COVID-19 - F_ck it! What are we building?

Postby Ansett A330 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:49 pm

BradG wrote:Are we all ready for super dooper lock down?

I’d like to wish you all “Good Luck” but sadly Luck won’t be of any help whatsoever when it comes to a situation that has been mismanaged on the scale that this has been.

Those who are ultimately responsible for Victoria’s “second wave” obviously have never read the relevant John Glenn Quote (or it’s more common everyday person equivalent).

Stay safe all of you down there and get through this.
Ansett A330

Postby BradG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:17 am

Yeh, although I find some the restrictions strange, especially the curfew. Only one person per house is allowed out once a day for grocery shopping, I mean do people really go out multiple times a day for groceries? Was that a problem? I dunno about others but going to Coles 4 times a day is my idea of living hell. Curfew from 8pm to 5am, again, were there really thousands of people out at midnight spreading corona virus? I live near a major freeway, after about 9pm it was dead quiet. It's kinda like the curfew you have when you don't really want to have a curfew. The one that made me laugh though was the fact you are only allowed out for exercise once per day for 1 hour. How do you plan to police that? I imagine police resources are stretched to the limit as it is, so it's almost impossible to enforce such a restriction. I'm also wondering if people out walking the dog for 90 minutes were really spreading the virus?
BradG

Postby RayS » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 am

I can see the point of some of these restrictions, most people will do the right thing and follow the rules.

There are those fools (using the term lightly) that will go to extreme lengths to gather. The restrictions are there to drastically reduce people's movement and thus the virus. The hour limits are to reduce interaction times. Boy if d*cks like the guy driving 300km for a Big Mac or the other driving from one side of the city to the other to get a haircut, of to get their favourite takeaway is an indication of the mentality of some folk then these rules should hopefully put them in there place and red flag to the authorities those who are out that should not be. As for the curfew and people spreading the virus at midnight, you will still get some trying to have parties and large gatherings for whatever reason, KFC for 20 anyone?

All I can say if it was not for those 'security guards' who could not keep their flies zipped up when guarding quarantined travellers and using the PPE as any common sense would dictate then we would not be where we are now.
Ray

RayS

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:26 am

oz rb fan

Postby BradG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:12 am

RayS wrote:I can see the point of some of these restrictions, most people will do the right thing and follow the rules.

There are those fools (using the term lightly) that will go to extreme lengths to gather. The restrictions are there to drastically reduce people's movement and thus the virus. The hour limits are to reduce interaction times. Boy if d*cks like the guy driving 300km for a Big Mac or the other driving from one side of the city to the other to get a haircut, of to get their favourite takeaway is an indication of the mentality of some folk then these rules should hopefully put them in there place and red flag to the authorities those who are out that should not be. As for the curfew and people spreading the virus at midnight, you will still get some trying to have parties and large gatherings for whatever reason, KFC for 20 anyone?

All I can say if it was not for those 'security guards' who could not keep their flies zipped up when guarding quarantined travellers and using the PPE as any common sense would dictate then we would not be where we are now.

Problem is they did all these things in Spain and several other countries and it did nothing. I think most of these new restrictions are largely pointless, for the reasons I pointed out and you're always going to have a few people breach the rules no matter how tough you make them. A lockdown to a 5km radius of your house, useless, you can still spread the virus, if they wanted a lock down it would be better to have confined it suburbs.

In the end I'm not sure what the government is trying to achieve. Are they trying to eradicate the virus from the state or just control infections rates? We keep hearing about how busy our hospitals are etc etc, but dad was in emergency at the Austin last week, he was literally the only patient in emergency and had all the staff there looking after him (he's fine).

Like it or not, the virus is here and I don't think we are going to get rid of it without economically devastating the state. 5 times as many people have committed suicide, including a friend of mine, than have died of corona virus. Curing the virus by destroying the state is no cure at all.
BradG

Postby F-27pax » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Whinging about the restrictions and saying they are pointless gets us nowhere. There's no point in saying that it's all too hard and trying to ignore the problem as Trump and his mates are apparently trying to do. Do you want the kind of death toll they're having in the US?

In the meantime, I've got a few more A.320s in the paint shop, a conversion of a Slovia D.1 into a Dewoitine 9 and a couple of other models to work on, and a book to write, so I'm going to get on with what I can under the circumstances that present themselves. Getting hot under the collar is only going to make the situation more difficult, so I'm focusing on my work bench.
F-27pax

Postby BradG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm

We should do what Sweden did. No destructive lock downs and their infection rates are now dropping sharply, where other countries in Europe are experiencing second waves. Their approach was one that figured that yes, some people will die, but death rates would be similar regardless of lock downs, so you might as well get it out of the way because unless there is a vaccine, the virus will always be around. They did try to protect the vulnerable (something that totally failed out here), but their approach was I think the best one.
BradG

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Holy sh!t Brad. Man it's lucky you're an expert. Maybe the government shoulda asked you what to do :roll: :roll: :roll: Maybe instead of repeatedly bitching about the decisions made, just deal with it mate. It's so boring listening to you continual nitpicking and having a whinge everytime something doesn't agree with you special way of thinking. If you'd actually been to the shops then you'd see there's been a shit ton of people out, in big family groups. Driven past a Bunningsd lately bud? Once again the carparks are full. Obviously people aren't following the rules so therefore the restrictions need tightening. Your laugh at the curfew but just remember the world doesn't revolve around you pal. There is a world outside the Brad bubble. There are still a heap of cars out and about after 8pm over my way so as you can see, it's not all the same everywhere. I myself have had to go to the shops a couple of times in one day cos sh!t has come up or I've forgotten something. So yeah it happens mate. Once again maybe not in your bubble, but in the real world it does. With regards to the exercising for an hour, yeah it'll be almost inpossible to police but it might make people think twice before going out for no reason. Whether on not someone walking a dog can pass the virus is not the point and a bullsh!t point at that. The is a risk there and it needs to be mitigated. Mate it's a really simple concept. Wow I wonder if you'd have the same sh!tty attitude to a 'few' people dying if it was your parents that passed away due to Covid. That's a selfish AF attitude right there pal. The stupidity virus is a bigger threat than Covid will ever be. Follow the f&*king rules and don't put people's lives at risk. It's seriously not that f*&king hard. Once again there is life outside the Brad bubble.

Ray the security guard issue was a f*&k up that's for sure but it's hardly the sole reason for the sh!tshow we have now. If people weren't so selfish, self centered and dead set bloody stupid (see the previous paragragh) then we would be a lot further along than we are.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby BradG » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Paul, are you able to have an adult discussion with anyone without being condescending, belittling or just downright insulting?

I also find it insulting for you to assume I am breaking any rules and for your information mate, both my parents have underlying medical conditions that would make it more dangerous for them to contract any virus let alone this one. You seem to have some bee in your bonnet with me lately, I don't know why and if you're going to continue to be an insulting child to me, hey, just use the block function and save yourself some time from replying, ok?

Also, just so you know, posts like yours above are why quite a few people no longer or don't bother posting here. So maybe you should clean up your language and your posts for the benefit of Ray's website, you know, a discussion forum that should be open and friendly, despite people having different points of view.
BradG

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways back to the modelling. I have big plans for tomorrow. Whether it works out or not is another question. Firstly I'm hoping to get the last coat of SMS Marigold Orange on this POS Italeri Lambo. I'm sick of this thing and just want it done so I can start another car, probably a Tamiya Skyline.

Next will be to get some colour on this F-16 that has been waiting way too long

And lastly hopefully I can get the first coat of primer on this PR Spitfire that too has been languishing far too long

I want to get some progress on these as I really want to start an Airfix 1/72 B-25 as part of my PNG theme. See what happens :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge